any good gross anatomy review sites?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Yogi Bear

2K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey,

are there any good sites for gross anatomy, particularly w/ real pictures rather than drawn ones? i find that i have a difficult time locating what i see in the anatomy books and what i actually see when disecting a cadaver. thnx.

Members don't see this ad.

The best site for you to be when you are studying anatomy Vandy style (I assume you are a VMS1 now) is at your desk, with Moore&Dalley at one side of the desk, Netters and Rohans at the other side of the desk, lecture notes and a stack of paper in the middle. Memorize EVERYTHING in Netters (sometimes Netter might not be enough, in which case use Clemente), practice test yourself against Rohan by covering up answers. Then practice drawing every important schematic diagram (ie all arteries of the upper body from the aortic arch down to every branch of the arteries in the hand, brachial plexus, all the fascial layers of the pelvic area, lumbosacral plexus, etc etc) until you can draw everything from memory even when you are sleeping. Then read your lecture notes 4x, 5x or more, until you are so familiar with it that you can regurgitate the page number and line number of any esoteric fact. Then read all the blue box in Moore&Dalley about clinical correlations. Then go to the bone room and memorize every friggin bone and X Rays. MEMORIZE THEM ALL, by color and number if you need, cuz they all translate into free points on exam if you have those memorized. Then you will have a chance to pass that big test. Believe me, Dalley makes anatomy tough at Vandy, and that 1st anatomy exam (8hr, 3 part exam) will be the hardest exam you take in your life. Plan on studying 4 hours a night for 5-6 days a week from now on til the end of the exam.

~From your fellow VMS4, been there, done that.

Members don't see this ad :)
my prof handed out a CD that had pictures of prosections. I've only looked at the slides from the dissection that we've done so far (two days worth), but it looks like it's not in close enough to really start to see important details. So I'm still looking at Netter's and my lecture notes, going into lab and trying to translate Netter's pretty pictures into what's actually on my body.

Here's an excellent site, but it'll cost you $35 for a year's subscription. I got mine for free through my school :D
www.imc.gsm.com (human anatomy)

with regards

the umich anatomy website is the bestest in the whole wide world!

The Michigan site is a really good one, but a lot of that stuff came from Dr. Tank at UAMS. Dr. Gest was at UAMS before he went to Michigan.

I'm a medical student at UAMS if you can't tell!