any good hotels near Temple?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

achreng

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm interviewing at Temple on Jan 20th and I heard that the hotels in Philadelphia close to the campus are really really gross and ghetto. What hotels would you guys recommend me to stay at? It would be helpful if you list the hotel you stayed at, the price, and how you felt about your stay at the hotel. Thanks!!!

Members don't see this ad.

achreng said:
Hi everyone! I'm interviewing at Temple on Jan 20th and I heard that the hotels in Philadelphia close to the campus are really really gross and ghetto. What hotels would you guys recommend me to stay at? It would be helpful if you list the hotel you stayed at, the price, and how you felt about your stay at the hotel. Thanks!!!

Hi, I stayed in Holiday inn express midtown, which is at 1305 walnut St. it's couple miles away from the school but the location is great. There are a lot of things around the hotel that you can enjoy. I was there back in October so the price will likely be different. I paid 110 dollars for one night I believe.
Good Luck (don't worry about the area around he school, during the day it's good)

I stayed on campus at the conwell inn which was nice and close to the detnal school. They have a shuttle that goes to the dental school and back for free. You can take the r1 train to the main campus from the airport for cheap ($5.50) and there is food close by. I paid $114 about 2 weeks ago which seemed pricey but the transportation was nearly free so it was worth it.

Back in October I stayed at the Courtyard by Mariott for $109 (you need to mention the Temple discount). It is right next door to City Hall and a short walk (about a mile) to just about anything you wanna see in the city. It was actually a really nice hotel and I recommend you check it out. :thumbup: