Any Good Psychiatry Re-Certification Board Review Courses?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prominence

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend any good board review courses for the psychiatry re-certification exam?

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

If you happen to be nostalgic for PRITE, there's PIPE*--added advantage that you can claim up to 30 hours of self-assessment CME with it.

But seriously...if you're competent at all, you shouldn't need anything more than a self-assessment and a bit of targeted review.

*(Also known as the Certification Review Assesment Check, Psychiatrists in Practice Exam, or CRACk PIPE)

Reactions: 1 users
As I read that, I actually felt nostalgia for the PRITE.

There is obviously something very, very wrong with me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
The pass rate is something like 97% so unless you think you are in the bottom 3% of psychiatrists, I wouldn't worry too much.

It was easier compared to the initial exams. I did the combined General/Child exam and could have completed it all in about 45 minutes. I think it was 100 questions in each section. They split the test into 2 sections and I had to leave and come back after a while to be allowed in for the second section.

I did study though and that may have been why it was easier. It goes MUCH easier and faster as you review instead of learn for the first tests. I used the Handbook of Psychiatric drug Therapy 5th ed, notes I made from reading the AACAP's orange journal 10 year reviews and some basic child development theory and forensics notes from residency from 10 years prior. I may have used a few old PRITE exams to show my weaknesses for targeted study. The PIPE questions were similar or harder than the actual tests.