Any good recommendations for noise canceling headphones?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dreamstoo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Current MS2 and studying for Step 1/COMLEX. Currently using the typical iPhone earbuds and they aren't cutting it.

Preferably around $150. $200 max. Noise distractions have become an issue.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Members don't see this ad.

Current MS2 and studying for Step 1/COMLEX. Currently using the typical iPhone earbuds and they aren't cutting it.

Preferably around $150. $200 max. Noise distractions have become an issue.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Honestly just spend the money and get the bose Q35 quiet-comforts, i tried buying less expensive ones and now I have a less expensive back up pair of headphones. I use my Bose so much it ridiculous, there a lot but you have many years ahead of you of studying so well worth it in my eyes.

Reactions: 4 users
Dont get Beats. I have them. The sound is good, but they fell apart rather quickly. I know about 4-5 other classmates who have beats and all of them had the same problem. The cheap pleather covering rips off the foam ear piece. They still work with good sound, but when you spend that much money it is an annoyance. I got them first semester first year and by the end of fall semester second year they wore out. FWIW I still use them today halfway through 3rd year, but I am also not studying with headphones nearly as much as the first 2 years.

Members don't see this ad :)
Honestly just spend the money and get the bose Q35 quiet-comforts, i tried buying less expensive ones and now I have a less expensive back up pair of headphones. I use my Bose so much it ridiculous, there a lot but you have many years ahead of you of studying so well worth it in my eyes.

Ended up buying Bose Q25 online (big discount - 40% off on Amazon, it may still be available if anyone's interested). Also I had a free set of Beats when I got my MacBook. A lot of my classmates had the same deal and that's why it was super popular although a good 20-30% of my class has transitioned to better quality noise-canceling headphones as MS2s. It lasted for about a year (it broke), noise-canceling isn't there but it does drain out about 70% of the noise.

Thanks guys

Bose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bose Comfort Series I went to a discounted price of $175-180 from $340 during Black Friday. You can either wait until the next Black Friday and man up for that set.

I personally used that headphone myself and can't say enough good things about it.

I just use ear plugs. A $5 box lasts me about 6 months.