Any good tips on how to study pathology, pathophysiology, and microbiology?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shreypete

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I find that every subject commands a different approach of study. Can you guys give me some tips on how to go about studying these subjects? I've never dealt with such vast subjects (anatomy was vast, but not as intimidating as pathology or microbiology) that pretty much list out so many diseases. I wonder if it's even possible to memorize all the diseases listed out in Robbins Basic Pathology.

Thanks a lot.

Members don't see this ad.

1. Start reading

2. Read again

3. Do questions

4. Read some more

I find that every subject commands a different approach of study. Can you guys give me some tips on how to go about studying these subjects? I've never dealt with such vast subjects (anatomy was vast, but not as intimidating as pathology or microbiology) that pretty much list out so many diseases. I wonder if it's even possible to memorize all the diseases listed out in Robbins Basic Pathology.

Thanks a lot.

At my school we take all of path as "histo-path" one term with micro and clinical skills..

Next term we take a different approach at it agains as "patho-phys" and with pharm and advanced clinical skills.

2nd time seeing a lot of this stuff makes sooo much more sense for some reason (maybe cleared my mind for 6 weeks of summer break)... 2nd time around I find myself questioning why I thought a lot of this stuff was difficult the first time around..?

I guess repitition then taking a break from the stuff and then repeating...plus the fact that I have major senioritis (last term of M2) meaning that I m so over being stressed, which IMHO probably is a huge factor. Studying without stressing makes studying so much more productive..

p.s. I was in prague for an intership this past summer. It was awesome.. I m so jealous you get to go to school there.

Thank you for your advice. I'm glad you liked Prague, I like it a lot too :)