Any GWU Interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wowowowow101

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody interviewing at GW this month (January)? I'll be there on 1/24. Also, where is good place to stay??

Members don't see this ad.

I'll be there in early Feb. and will be staying with my grandparents in Bethesda :thumbup:

The Double Tree on New Hampshire is super duper close. Also, they give you cookies when you check in. Butttttt, it is expensive ($250).

I stayed there mainly because it was really close to the school -- like a 2 minutes if you walk. Just make a right onto I street, and you are there!!

Best wishes.

Angel

Members don't see this ad :)
I heard they received like 11,000 applications this year

so congrats on yall's interviews

wowowowow101 said:
Anybody interviewing at GW this month (January)? I'll be there on 1/24. Also, where is good place to stay??

I stayed at the Hotel Lombardy. Its about 2 blocks from the medical school, and is a very nice place (pretty upscale... their elevators are old-style with an attendant operating it at all times... lol its the little things like that I like). They also upgraded me to a very nice suite for no reason when I checked in, which was pretty awesome. It cost $150 and I would definitely go back again. Its also in a great area with a bunch of restaurants nearby.

wow. 11,000+ huh?? Yet they have this huge wait list! Hopefully I get an acceptance! Wish me luck. Thanks for the lodging tips!

11,000?? Wow, that's almost one in three med school applicants applies to GW.

wowowowow101 said:
I stayed at the George Washington University Inn. This is a link from GWU.

http://gwired.gwu.edu/adm/visit/placetostay.html

It's a refurbished older hotel right in the neighborhood and you walk about a block to get to the school....couldn't be more convenient.

Dave_med
I'll be there on 1/27 and I'm staying the GW Inn. Was it a nice place (Not that it really matters) just curious

mphthenmd said:
Dave_med
I'll be there on 1/27 and I'm staying the GW Inn. Was it a nice place (Not that it really matters) just curious
Yes, I thought it was nice. You can tell it's an older hotel that has been upgraded, but it's very comfortable and quiet (a big issue for me). The location just can't be beat. You can walk to the front door of Ross Hall is less than 5 minutes. The front desk people were very nice. Make sure they know you are in town for an interview at the school of medicine. Good luck at your interview!

I stayed at the Holiday Inn at Georgetown for my GWU interview.

Heh

Pewl said:
I stayed at the Holiday Inn at Georgetown for my GWU interview.

Heh

i also stayed there, they have a shuttle that goes right in front of the hospital, which is right next to the school

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the info.It's my first interview so I want to make sure everything is in order

hey guys. my application was complete by early nov. when were yours completed? i still have not heard from them.

I sent my app. to GW on 11/7, heard back before before Christmas.

wowowowow101 said:
I sent my app. to GW on 11/7, heard back before before Christmas.
thanks.

I have about the same time frame as wowowowow101 . Complete early nov. int late jan. On that note, wowowowow101 good luck.

mphthenmd said:
I have about the same time frame as wowowowow101 . Complete early nov. int late jan. On that note, wowowowow101 good luck.

Thanks a lot! Good luck to you as well. :thumbup: :)

Hey, did you receive your interview invites by email?

Did they assign you a date to interview or allow you to call and schedule?

Thanks!

I received my interview invite in the mail and they assigned a date for me.

Pewl said:
I received my interview invite in the mail and they assigned a date for me.
Is that the usual way for interview invite for GW? What about holds, and rejections, are they through mail as well or email?

hold status comes via email.

i just got the invite for 2/17. been complete since early august. debating if i should go because i got an acceptance to uic.

DesiMcatAcer said:
Is that the usual way for interview invite for GW? What about holds, and rejections, are they through mail as well or email?

Hey Desi -- pre-interview holds were through email, everything else (interview invite, alternate letter, acceptance, rejection) is through regular mail.

Hope that helps

-waitman

"Do it...Do it." On second thought, don't do it more room for me... :laugh:

waitman192 said:
Hey Desi -- pre-interview holds were through email, everything else (interview invite, alternate letter, acceptance, rejection) is through regular mail.

Hope that helps

-waitman
Thanks!

Which airport is best to take into DC to get to GWU??

wowowowow101 said:
Which airport is best to take into DC to get to GWU??

Reagan National - DCA is on the Metro. Dulles - IAD has a shuttle from the airport to the Metro that costs something like $10. Both are pretty convenient, but National is most convenient. BWI is too far away.