Any harm in not filling out secondaries?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Decicco

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I applied to too many schools and now I am taking a summer school class that is more time consuming than I thought it would be. So, I was thinking about cutting my list of 20 schools down to about 12 (I've already submitted my primary). Is there any harm in doing this other than wasting my primary app money and feeling like a lazy POS?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
When is the class over? You could always hold on to some secondaries and send them in later...some have deadlines, though (like must be submitted within 4 weeks, etc).

I applied to too many schools and now I am taking a summer school class that is harder than I thought it would be. So, I was thinking about cutting my list of 20 schools down to about 12 (I've already submitted my primary). Is there any harm in doing this other than wasting my primary app money and feeling like a lazy POS?

Thanks

It would only be bad if you wind up with no acceptances by this time next year. Given your stats and the applications you've already completed, I'd wager that you'll get some interviews and, if you interview well, you should get some offers of admission even with only 12 completed applications.

Members don't see this ad :)
When is the class over? You could always hold on to some secondaries and send them in later...some have deadlines, though (like must be submitted within 4 weeks, etc).

Class is over on Aug 14 and I have a week break before the fall semester, so maybe I could do them then. And, I don't have to worry about the 4 week thing b/c I'm still waiting on verification (should be in around July 23 I'm guessing).

are you worried about time or are you worried about your grade in the summer class? i think it's fine if you want to cut down your list, just make sure you're not cutting all of the schools from the "bottom end" bc otherwise you might have problems. also, prioritizing your list might help- ie i want to respond to ABC med school before XYZ.

also, what you do you mean by health care is not a right?