Any harm in sending more Rec letters than required?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mouseben

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had 4 rec letters sent to Wake Forest from Interfolio before I realized that Wake Forest only requires two (one from science and one from non-science). I should have been more careful. Is there any harm done in sending more rec letters? Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

They'll either "throw them away," put them in your file and never look at them again, or will read them. 2 extra letters isn't a big deal, however 5, 10, or 15 is. In this situation I would relax because if you send the 2 required you're bound to have a shadowing letter to be sent which would be beneficial.

They'll either "throw them away," put them in your file and never look at them again, or will read them. 2 extra letters isn't a big deal, however 5, 10, or 15 is. In this situation I would relax because if you send the 2 required you're bound to have a shadowing letter to be sent which would be beneficial.

Phew~
:luck:Thank you!

I specifically called Wake Forest and asked them that question and they assured me that it was perfectly OK to send extra LORs.....you are fine