Any Health-Related Summer Job Out There??? --- I need MONEY.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DemetriMartin

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a health-related summer job for summer 2008.

At that time I will have a BS, and I need a job until I start medical school in August 2008.

Any ideas? I need money to pay for undergraduate debt. So the higher the pay, the better. Please don't mention research because I hate that shhhh**

Members don't see this ad.

You probably wont find any just for a summer, especially if you dont haveany certification. Why do you need a health related job if you are already accepted??

You probably wont find any just for a summer, especially if you dont haveany certification. Why do you need a health related job if you are already accepted??

haha good question i just think the experience would be worth it (all i've done so far clinically has been shadowing -- no hands on stuff)

Members don't see this ad :)
No offense to the wage-earning abilities of the OP, but the amount of money you will earn over a summer is probably a drop in the bucket compared to the amount of debt you'll have. I vote you enjoy your last real summer of your adult life and do something you'll never have the opportunity to do again. If that involves working, go for it - the money definitely won't hurt. But don't do it for the money.

Before you're officially an M1, unless you have a certification to do something (rad tech, phlebotomist, etc.) then you're not doing any hands on work that I know of. Patient Care Associates or whatever they're called get to do some stuff, but nobody is going to take the time to train you if you are leaving in 3 months for med school.

Many schools offer research positions in labs for a decent amount of money.

Since you'll already have a spot in med school, why must it be health related? Get a job waiting tables. I know college students who make over $500 a week at upscale restaurants.