Any Helpful DO's around Charlotte?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Eclipse420

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a DO to shadow or even just meet with so he can fill out a recommendation form (I'm trying for NSU). Does anyone know of a DO who would be willing to help me out? I live in the Charlotte area. Thanks for any help.

Members don't see this ad.

I would starty by calling DOs in your area and seeing if they are interested in allowing a potential future DO to shadow. Here is where you can search for DOs in your area (I think it showed 4 graduating from NSU): Charlotte DOs

Second, I would never approach a DO for the purpose of getting them to "fill out your evaluation form." Even if that is the reason you want to shadow, I think I would attempt to establish some sort of relationship with the person first and ask for the LOR later. I have a hunch you will have MUCH more success if you establish your interest Osteopathic Medicine, your desire to learn, your desire to volunteer your time, and your greatfulness for the physician's time before you ask for the LOR.