Any Hispanic/Latino Pre-Pharm's out there?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

reyes134

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Writing from LA...just checking if anyone else is out there?

Members don't see this ad.

Me, I am from PA. Originally from Chile...

Members don't see this ad :)
oooooo..... and Puerto Rican rum......

Me, but i dont think there are too many of us out there.

Any pharm schools out there that have a moderate Latino/Hispanic population of students? Any advice on applying to schools that might have interest in bilingual students?

Hey

Writing from Ft Lauderdale, Florida. I am from Quito, Ecuador. Just curious are u an international student???

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in Houston, texas from venezuela. I'm applying at Texas Southern which I am currently attending. I'm also applying at texas A&M and Incarnate Word For fall of 08. One thing I have learned by speaking to Pharmacists is that spanish speaking pharmacists are in high demand. So I am hoping that this gives us an advantage when applying. Good luck to all applying.

I'm in Houston, texas from venezuela. I'm applying at Texas Southern which I am currently attending. I'm also applying at texas A&M and Incarnate Word For fall of 08. One thin I have learned by speaking to Pharmacists is that spanish speaking pharmacists are in high demand. So I am hoping that this gives us an advantage when applying. Good luck to all applying.

If your spoken English is a clear and smooth as your written English.... well, let's just say that I'm glad you're not applying at the school my daughter is applying to--- you'd be some tough competition!!!!

Best of luck to you. ;-)

Thank you for the comment, it is motivating. I would like to believe my spoken English is adequate, I have live in Texas since the age of four.

Nicaraguense -American here, glad to see some fellow latinos stepping it up and persuing a career in the medical field

Thank you for the comment, it is motivating. I would like to believe my spoken English is adequate, I have live in Texas since the age of four.

That's okay, you've managed to overcome that....... ;-)

Seriously- your English seems to be just fine. Best of luck to you.

hey everyone

my parents are from puerto rico and ecuador. i am going to start pharm school at unc in a couple of weeks.

Writing from LA...just checking if anyone else is out there?

I doubt there's many of us out here--I'm mexican from cali. Collegeboard says only 55.6 percent of us graduate high school, and way fewer go on to college, much less pharm school. All I know is that I'm the 3rd hispanic to go to UM COP :) Buena Suerte

I'm Brazilian and I will be starting in August at UIC

I am hispanic, originally from New Mexico but have lived in Arizona for about 13 years. At the 4 interviews that I attended I was definately the minority, so I woudn't suspect that there would be many here on the forums.

I'm in Houston, texas from venezuela. I'm applying at Texas Southern which I am currently attending. I'm also applying at texas A&M and Incarnate Word For fall of 08. One thing I have learned by speaking to Pharmacists is that spanish speaking pharmacists are in high demand. So I am hoping that this gives us an advantage when applying. Good luck to all applying.

I live in San Antonio and speaking Spanish will benefit you in any job you have here. The majority of the population is Mexican-American. If you apply to Incarnate Word, I'd make sure they know you are bilingual

Mexican descent from Texas, originally from Lubbock area, recently from Dallas.

Ride 'em Raiders.

Mexican-American, first generation, in Phoenix, AZ. Proficient in English and Spanish (read, write, speak fluently), this has proven to be extremely beneficial to me thus far, hopefully it will help me get into pharmacy school!!

I'm from San Antonio also. I applied to four schools, interviewed at three, and accepted at A&M and Incarnate Word.

im from mission texas(which is in the tip of texas) im pretty much the only hispanic ive seen at most of my interviews, but im pretty sure there are more of us out there.... 100% mexicano

Colombian/Nicaraguan from miami florida!!

I'm Hispanic...live in Austin, did my undergrad at UT. I was accepted to both UT and Texas Tech--I will be attending UT.
It's nice to know that there are at least a handful of students in this "underrepresented" category going to pharm school.

Chicana from Southern California. Nice to know that there are other latinos out there applying to pharmacy school. Good luck to everyone that was accepted to pharmacy school and to all students applying this application cycle.

PuertoRican in Orlando, Florida

Im a Hispanic guy also with vietnamese mixed in there.......lol...... I have to say that I dont know very much spanish.......I know a little though and i also know a little vietnamese, but I am very very fluent in sign language because my parents are both deaf. Im from TEXAS....