any hope for international students?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ocdoc

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i'm not a permanent resident yet, in the process, most likely getting it while i'm in medical school. in the meantime i can't find anyplace that will give me loans without a cosigner. unfortunately, i can't think of any permanent resident that would co-sign for me....can anyone suggest something?

Members don't see this ad.

hey i just gotinformation on acessgroup's Comprehensive Access Loan. try this link

On an F1 visa, until you start working, you don't have an SSN. Thus, you also don't have a credit history I think.
Without a credit history, I'm not eligible for AccessGroup's comprehensive access loan.

I think my only option would then be a co-signer. I think, if it came down to it, I could manage to get a co-signer. Anyone know which would be the best loan package (with a co-signer)? I want to get an idea of what loan packages most international students are considering.
Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
^^^

not true. You can get SSN as soon as you get into the country. Job is not required.

I didnt come into the country on an F1.

I came on an H4 and changed to an F1 recently.
While on H4, you don't have an SSN.
When you change to an F1, you get an SSN after u take a job offer letter to the SSN office.