any hope for interview at this time of the year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

youngjock

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I still have a few schools that haven't answered me.

Am i just waiting for their rejection letters or I may still have a little hope for an interview invitation?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes. I am going to U Chicago on the 27th and I know Stanford is still scheduling interviews. So some schools are still going.

Luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in a similar position. I haven't heard from several schools about interviews but know several people who have received flat out rejections without interviews from those schools. So, I keep thinking that there is still hope but you never know...

I also heard that Stanford is running late from a few sources and that UCDavis offers interviews late in the season.

Anyone know anything about Stanford, UCDavis, or Yale?

I think that Wake is interviewing through the end of the month. Their Adcom isn't meeting next until the beginning of April. If you haven't already, call Wake ASAP. I have heard of a bunch of people who called and were offered and interview over the phone instead of writing, as a way sort of seeing who is really interested, but this is only second had info.

Serendipity: In past years, people have interviewed at UC Davis up until MAY! Woah, that is late. The Yale admissions office have said that Yale's last set of interviews is this week.

Tufts interviews until May 1, SLU interviews into May, Jefferson, Temple, and MCPHU until mid-April I think. So yes, there is hope.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I am in a similar position as you are. I have only gotten one interview. From what I understand, many of the schools that I have applied to wait until April before they send out their rejection letters. If you get an inteview at this point, it is probably for the wait-list. The chances are though that they'll probably reject you come April since most of the applicants that they consider to be high on their list have already been interviewed at this point.

I wish more school would use rolling admissions and admit/reject applicants as they come in on a timely basis. This would allow those not getting in more time to plan for the future and other options that they can pursue. It would also add some clarity during this time of great uncertainty in an applicant's life.

Lizard: Thanks for the information -- that's also what I have heard and UC Davis happens to be my top choice. My secondary wasn't complete until early December (unfortunately one my profs totally slacked!) so I keep my fingers crossed.

I agree that it is incredibly painful to just wait for a rejection letter to arrive in April. Each day I open my mailbox with such anxiety, only to find that it is empty! This is such a painful processs... but that's not going to stop me from trying it all over again if things don't work out this year. I guess I have learned a lot about what to do differently next time.

I called UC Davis because I haven't received neither an interview nor a rejection letter. They told me that I've been selected for an interview, but they're waiting for interview slots to open up, and thus will contact me in about a month. Last comment from them was a "Don't call us, we'll call you".

Ngoc: Was UC Davis helpful when you called them or did they act annoyed that you were calling? After some not so nice incidents with admissions staff, I'm a little weary of calling for status. Any advice?