Any hope for those of us who took the August MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr Trek 1

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know everyone hwo took the April MCAT is getting interview requests now. How about those of us who took, and bombed, the April MCAT and just took it again in August? Do you think there will be any room left in October when they finally get our scores to give any more interviews? I mean, I know there will be some room, but what do you think are the statistics?

Members don't see this ad.

If you have your application done and the school is waiting only for your MCAT score then you should be getting interviews early. The chance really depends on the school itself since most have rolling admission they accept applicants by the time your score came out. Good Luck :luck: :luck:

I know everyone hwo took the April MCAT is getting interview requests now

really? i guess they skipped over me and about 80% of other students that did. just chill out. this has been covered umpteen times in other threads.

Members don't see this ad :)
you'll be fine, don't worry about it! Just because you might not get any interviews as early as Sept or even Oct doesn't mean you won't get into anywhere. Just get the primary done and do the secondaries for the schools that don't screen asap :)

If medical schools didn't have slots open for prospective applicants after October than they wouldn't accept August MCATs... don't worry, just make sure everything else is in, including recs/committee letters, so that they can begin processing as soon as the scores arrive... good luck :)

Dr Trek 1 said:
I know everyone hwo took the April MCAT is getting interview requests now. How about those of us who took, and bombed, the April MCAT and just took it again in August? Do you think there will be any room left in October when they finally get our scores to give any more interviews? I mean, I know there will be some room, but what do you think are the statistics?

Yes. Plenty of hope (see my signature for an illustration)