Any Ideas About AMCAS?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by streetdoc, Sep 26, 2002.

1. streetdoc

streetdoc Senior Member

Attending Physician
    Just wondering how long it has been taking AMCAS to transmit applications lately?
    I just submitted mine today (i know, i know, i'm SUPER late) and was trying to get a timeline of how things will go.
    Any info would be appreciated.
    Oh, BTW, when i checked back to AMCAS, it said my application status was on "hold" due to "supporting docs" yet all of my Tscripts have been received...is this normal????
    Will it say that until it is transmitted?
    Just stressing a bit!!!
    thanks,
    Streetdoc

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. jennyw17

jennyw17 Senior Member

It shouldn't say that it's on "hold" the whole time. When I sent mine in it only said that until they had received all of my transcripts and then it changed to "active" and waiting in line to be verified. So you should give them a call or check on-line to make sure that they have everything, or see what exactly they still are waiting for.

Also my amcas application went to active on 9/10 and it is still waiting in line to begin verification.

hope that helps.

4. spanky

spanky Member

Hey streetdoc, I'm with you.

I took the August MCAT and submitted my application to AMCAS on 9/2 and I'm still waiting to be verified.

Has anyone out there been verified recently and when did you submit your app?

5. streetdoc

streetdoc Senior Member

Attending Physician
    HEHEHEHE i spoke too soon. i just checked, it says "active" now. i guess it just says "hold" for 15 secs after submission....gosh i hate being anal!
    thanks for such quick responses!!!
    Streetdoc

6. Polar girl

Polar girl Senior Member

Mine was on hold for a day or two. It just depends on how long it takes them to find your transcript, I think.

7. isidella

I was verified on 9/23. I submitted on 8/23.