This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

foreignmedicalalbania

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I am a foreign (international) medical graduate. I was a General Physician and also did my specialization/residency on Anesthesiology in Albania. I worked as an Anesthesiologist and General Physician for over 20 years in the largest hospital of Albania. In US so far, I've worked as phlebotomist and anesthesia technician.
In the US, what are some of other options for a job based on my experiences that will not require me to go through program/school again?
Thanks in advance for all your help!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
If you can get your degree verified, you could try doing pharmaceutical sales or some kind of teaching at technical colleges. I know its getting competitive and harder as a pharm rep, but since becoming an NP, I've been bombarded with so much requests and free drinks/food from all the reps.

HighlandMinority

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for your replies. Please W19 can you give me some more details on the program or a link?

Hello,
I am a foreign (international) medical graduate. I was a General Physician and also did my specialization/residency on Anesthesiology in Albania. I worked as an Anesthesiologist and General Physician for over 20 years in the largest hospital of Albania. In US so far, I've worked as phlebotomist and anesthesia technician.
In the US, what are some of other options for a job based on my experiences that will not require me to go through program/school again?
Thanks in advance for all your help!

I'm also a foreign medical graduate from india. Although i didn't do a residency. Wanted to secure anaesthesia technician internship, observeship or even voluntary work opportunities in US. Could you recommend a good route for this. Thanks

Health Coaching or becoming an advanced MA (there are jobs that exist like this one: if you search for Mount Sinai Health Coach). It seems like a good way to use your medical skills and then study for your steps. I hear there are a couple of FMGs at Mount Sinai and other institutions doing this.