Any ideas on a job with a BS in Biomedical Sciences?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

helpfuldoc2b

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have alot of financial obligations due to a chronic illness that put me behind in the entire application process. On top of that I had to take time off to help family with a crappy family business that needed to get on its feet. I need some ideas of where and what jobs I can apply to (specifics please). I just need anything that pays really good so i can pay off my hospital bills and debt and keep me above water. Willing to relocate anywhere. Please pm me with ideas.

Thank you kindly.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
lab tech.

unless you've been networking and/or interning, finding a good job will be tough.

I have alot of financial obligations due to a chronic illness that put me behind in the entire application process. On top of that I had to take time off to help family with a crappy family business that needed to get on its feet. I need some ideas of where and what jobs I can apply to (specifics please). I just need anything that pays really good so i can pay off my hospital bills and debt and keep me above water. Willing to relocate anywhere. Please pm me with ideas.

Thank you kindly.

If the family business is on it's feet and you helped get it there ... why not stay with that for a while and see if you can make some money? I mean, I'm not too clear on the specifics of your situation, but you sound like you have some good business sense and a job in business pays more than lab tech or research stuff does. I mean, after you attend medical school (if you choose to) then you'll be doing fine with that bio degree, but until then this could be a good way for you to make some money.

Thank you kindly.

Apply to Covance and Epic Systems. Go to Indeed.com and Career Builder and search for jobs you would be interested in. You will have a hard time finding jobs with a biological science degree that pays good, but work hard at it and you find something. Healthcare recruiting pays good money. You get paid a base salary plus commission.

Don't settle for those stupid $12-$13 hour jobs!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE WORTH MORE THAN $12 OR EVEN $14 AN HOUR.

A good healthcare recruting job can start you out around the $18-$20 an hour range.

99% of people are worth more than they get paid.

Reactions: 1 user
research associate.

you should make at least $15 an hour at this job, many of them don't require any prior lab experience.

I think those are mostly require graduate education, but thanks for the effort of helping, anyone else?

Oh, I see. Sorry. I hope you find what you're looking for! :) Good luck!

Thank you kindly.

If you're looking for a high-paying job, mind posting some of your credentials?

Degree? Skills? What area are you looking in?

I am facing the same problem of finding a job too.
Majoring in molecular cell biology really can't find any job that pays good (>$15/hr), I am so worried about what I am going to do or what i can do after graduating.

All the job listing I've been looking for, have a very high requirement, hardly find some job that require no prior lab / research experience, and mostly the biotech job require engineering (bioE...) and not simply biochem, and for research jobs, they usually require master degree.

It really scares me as it seems like there's not much job opportunity for ppl with Bachelor's degree in biochem or molecular cell biology

Need help from you guys, how do you find the job that's related to the filed of bioscience or healthcare , and that pays well, or reasonable (like at least $12-15/hr)??
Thx!!