Any ideas on good grand rounds speakers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whopper

Former jolly good fellow
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone sat through an impressive grand rounds or know a doctor in your program that would be a great speaker?

Please post or PM me some data.

I need to make the grand rounds schedule at my program for the upcoming academic year and I'd like to have the best speakers possible!

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone sat through an impressive grand rounds or know a doctor in your program that would be a great speaker?

Here are two suggestions:

Miriam Shuchman, psychiatrist who teaches at SUNY Buffalo & University of Toronto. Also a journalist, used to do some radio shows and what not, writes frequently for CBC, NEJM, and Annals on research ethics, conflict of interest, secrecy in science, and the pharmaceutical industry. Click here for her bio and also information on her newest book, The Drug Trial.

Carl Elliott, originally trained as a psychiatrist but hasn't practiced clinically since he obtained a PhD in philosophy. Author of Better Than Well: American Medicine Meets the American Dream. Writes very creatively and entertainingly about a wide range of topics including ethics, psychopharmacology, and the pharmaceutical industry. Click here for his bio and recent essays he has posted on the Web.

Cheers
-AT.