Any IMGs here who matched in EM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Wolvulus

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi, any IMG around here who matched? Can you please point me out towards programs that are known to accept IMGs more often. I am currenlty applying for my final year electives at University of New Mexico and Denver health. Any input/wisdom/advice is welcome. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

hi, any IMG around here who matched? Can you please point me out towards programs that are known to accept IMGs more often. I am currenlty applying for my final year electives at University of New Mexico and Denver health. Any input/wisdom/advice is welcome. Thanks

The vast majority of programs have a website that lists their current residents and where they went to school. When I was applying I noticed quite a bit more IMG/FMGs than I had expected. I hear Denver is pretty competitive however.

I used a mix of the NRMP match statistics and EMRA Match guide to find out which programs currently and had a history of IMGs. Didn't actually make a huge difference, I think it's very applicant dependent.

Good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks guys. Yeah. I've noticed myself that the East coast has more IMGs compared to the West or the Mid West. Crazy about EM and the Outdoors. I'd be on cloud nine if I match at an EM program in the midwest. Shall have a shot at a threesome with both my loves, em and the mountains.

Here's a tip... The most valuable list will be the one that you create all by yourself...by doing the research. Get a notepad, surf to all the major overseas school websites and look at their match lists. Go back as many years as they will let you. Write all the programs down that you see. Presto... exactly the list you wanted and probably the most current.