Any Indiana 3rd or 4th year's wanna give me some advice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wvshootr

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for some advice about the Ob/Gyn program at IU. I'm a 3rd year, looking into residency programs and my top two choices are IU and St. Vincents. I will only be able to do one visiting rotation and am trying to decide between the two places. Any pros or cons of either program? How happy did the residents seem? Did they get along well? I've seen a couple mixed reviews about IU and need some help in sorting those out.

Thanks,
Travis
WVU-Charleston MSIII

Members don't see this ad.

I am a MS3 at IU and I have yet to complete the OB/Gyn clerkship, so I am giving you information gleaned from other MS3's and a few MS4's who are going into OB and have completed the clerkship. The IU program is completely malignant and very few people who go to school here actually want to stay for the residency. The only people who had good clerkship experiences were at St. Vincent's. I have 3 friends who are planning on doing OB/Gyn and they all ranked St. V's first. The only downside I have heard about St. V's is the fact that it's a community hospital program so you may not get great consideration for fellowships. If you are still interested in the IU program, I definitely recommend doing a 4th year SubI to see what you are getting yourself into before you commit b/c I have heard that they trot out a very nice dog and pony show for the residency applicants. Good luck!

MBK

avoid Wisherd Memorial Hospital (IU)...you have been warned..the ob/gyn attendings are malignant