Any info about these schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drpepper

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please share any info you have about the following schools:

MCP Hahnemann
NYCOM
Chicago Med
Albany Med
MCofWisconsin

I'm a humanities major who is doing this applying thing for the first time and on my own. This forum gives me the most information so I thought I'd ask for insight about these schools. I've been accepted to MCP and invited for interviews to the other three. Thanks in advance for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

Did you get an interview at MCW?
When did you hear from them?
When did you apply?
August or April MCAT?
.... if you couldn't tell - I'm waiting for a response and kind of feeling that I should have given up hope of any positive response quite a while ago! :)

Originally posted by drpepper:
Please share any info you have about the following schools:

MCP Hahnemann
NYCOM
Chicago Med
Albany Med
MCofWisconsin

I was accepted into MCP Hahnemann, and I thought the school had a lot to offer. The first two years are well organized and integrated in both IFM and PIL. They claim that their financial problems are over, and they appear to be recovering with help from Drexel University (but all schools in Philly are having financial problems). They were the only school to demand from me a cashier's check for their application fee, which indicates to me their financial concerns are still present (but probably not a big deal). I did hear that they have hired a lot of foreign residents recently from a student there, so that may be a concern, but they seem to have a decent graduate match list.

Members don't see this ad :)
Info on these schools would be appreciated:

MCW - MD-PhD program
UPenn
Jefferson

Insofar as MCW - I applied extremely early. June - AMCAS, July - secondary
I interviewed in November and heard approximately two weeks afterward (it's their policy to let you know soon after interview).
I was a second time applicant, I took both the April and August MCATs of the year before.

As a third-year student here, I can tell you that they've done that bank-check thing for ages now, well before any financial troubles. Those issues are truly over, and we're going to be merged into Drexel on July of 2002. I think we'll also get more US grads for residents as well. I'm seriously thinking of doing my residency here, if that makes any difference to anyone. I think it's a great place.

what kind of info do you want? specific interview stuff or general stuff about the school? www.interviewfeedback.com is an invaluable resource.

Thanks for your responses. I was invited for an interview to MCW at the end of February. I haven't gone yet. I just wanted to know more about the "intangibles" of these schools...overall attitudes, thoughts about professors, living situations, etc. Again, I appreciate your help.