Any info on AZCOM???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jillz

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have recently been accepted into both AZCOM and UNECOM. I was impressed with AZCOM, but am hesitant to make a decision because the school is has not yet graduated a class. I would appreciate any feedback from current AZCOM students. Two particular questions I have are: is there opportunity to do away elective rotations (out of state)? are all classes in the first two years large lectures, or are there smaller classes that are more problem solving based? Thanks,
Jill

Members don't see this ad.

You can do your elective rotations anywhere and in any specialty you want, there is also the possibility of doing some required rotations away, but it is a case by case bases. Small groups are used in several classes. Biochem and Physio have "workshops" that are used to apply clinical scenarios to the subjects in class--the workshop usually presents a problem/case and the students discuss it. There are from 15-20 students. Intro to clinical medicine uses small groups often during first year. During 2nd year Intro to clinical medicine is all small group problem based. A case is presented to the class and in small groups you must write up the case and decide on therapy. Micro uses small groups also. There also numerous electives which are all small group discussion oriented classes.

Stillborn, thanks for the info. How do you like AZCOM? Is there great competition among classmates or is it a supportive learning environment? I'm leaning towards AZCOM but am still hesitant because the program is so new.

Jillz,

The esprit de corps at AZCOM is exceptional. It is very supportive. While there is some good natured competition between friends, there is little gunning, and most of us are more than happy to help each other in any way we can. I have nothing but good things to say about AZCOM.