Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Any Info on University of Utah!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by FullO'Beans, Feb 1, 2002.

1. FullO'Beans

FullO'Beans Junior Member

I don't know if anyone has an inside scoop on this, but I figured it is worth a try. My interview at Utah is coming up. I have a Princeton Review book from 1995 that gives a real gloomy view of Utah (students are unhappy there), whereas my 2002 edition makes no mention. Does anyone know the real deal???
    -- Patrick

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. japhy

japhy Ski Bum

Resident [Any Field]
    Full'OBeans,

I am glad to report that the Princeton Review is quite off base. I am a M1 at Utah and I am having the time of my life. I chose to stay in Utah so that I can ski and bike. I haven't been disappointed.

As far as I can tell most students feel the same way that I do. Another reason that I stayed was the student body. They are very upbeat and enjoyable to be around. The only people that aren't happy are the ones that spend all day in the library, but who wouldn't be?

If you have ANY questions about the U I would be happy to answer them.

4. bigbuddieMD

bigbuddieMD Member

Can I be the first to say...that Pat is full of **** and not beans.=)I guess its all the same after digestion though. Peter

5. Winged Scapula

Winged Scapula Cougariffic!
    Staff Member Administrator Physician Faculty Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved

Attending Physician
    I'll move this to the Pre-Allopathic Forum for ya... :D

6. TSpoon

TSpoon Member

I think that the U of U is a great school (It was my first rejection :confused: ) but the population truley is homogenous and the school's classrooms are okay at best.

The people of Utah are great, and they all know that the U of U is a wonderful school (I went undergrad there). But if you don't like the outdoors it probably isn't for you.

Also there is a lot of news coming out about reverse discrimination at the U and it's admission dept. is being audited by the state. Several articles can be found at the SLC Tribune website at <a href="http://www.slctrib.com." target="_blank">www.slctrib.com.</a> But basically it came out that one out of every two women and minorities where accepted while one in 6 males where accepted, even though the app pool was around 82% non-disadvantage apps, vs. 18% disadvantaged. As you know that is really representative of the states pop.