any information about UCSF housing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shery

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am planning to attend UCSF and I want to know about in campus housing I have two kids so I want to know if there are something really annoying about living in the campus housing bec I did not find any cheaper offers until know thank you

Members don't see this ad.

I am planning to attend UCSF and I want to know about in campus housing I have two kids so I want to know if there are something really annoying about living in the campus housing bec I did not find any cheaper offers until know thank you
Check the UCSF housing of Aldea Miguel or Mission Bay. Aldea is especially meant for students w/ families. There are shuttles that take you to and fro.

SF is SO expensive. I believe the cheapest option is to live in UCSF housing.
Or on the other hand check Craig's list(if you have not done so already).

Check the UCSF housing of Aldea Miguel or Mission Bay. Aldea is especially meant for students w/ families. There are shuttles that take you to and fro.

SF is SO expensive. I believe the cheapest option is to live in UCSF housing.
Or on the other hand check Craig's list(if you have not done so already).
thank you La Fea ,yes I did check every where not only the craiglist and you are right it is soooo expensive and I been told that mission bay area is away from every thing especially I will not be able to afford having my car .so I applied in avenue housing which I did not like just bec it is close to the school I don't know how easy it is using this shuttels and every how many mins there are one ?..

Members don't see this ad :)
thank you La Fea ,yes I did check every where not only the craiglist and you are right it is soooo expensive and I been told that mission bay area is away from every thing especially I will not be able to afford having my car .so I applied in avenue housing which I did not like just bec it is close to the school I don't know how easy it is using this shuttels and every how many mins there are one ?..
Mission area, I believe is very touristy.
A campus shuttle will take you to Parnassus campus. Or you can take MUNI, the public transport, which is pretty safe.

Aldea is pretty close to Parnassus campus also serviced by campus shuttles.

I don't know if a family can live in Avenue houses. You have to call them and ask. And you can easily switch your housing option from one to another. Guess you'll have to do it soon.

As far as the shuttle frequency is concerned, it can be found on the website. Have to really dig. I'll update this post if I find it.

Here you go
http://campuslifeservices.ucsf.edu/transportation/shuttles/

Last edited:
avenue housing doesn have provision for families and come on guys which city is not expensive where IDPs join LA, NewYork, Boston everywhere its expensive but none offers good school and nice weather like here. Its the initial hiccup once loan amount starts coming you will get over it. Moreover if u can find some partners to rent any apartment outside its fairly ok.

all the best

I also got accepted in IDP in UCSf and had filled the housing form in December. I placed the option of paranassus avenue as the school is in the same place. Please can anyone of you guide me if this option would help me stay near the school/work ? Also if possible can you please let me know how easy is it to get housing ? Also does it include electicity and water bill in the rent ? I really appreciate all the help La fea and patata, you are doing to us.

I also got accepted in IDP in UCSf and had filled the housing form in December. I placed the option of paranassus avenue as the school is in the same place. Please can anyone of you guide me if this option would help me stay near the school/work ? Also if possible can you please let me know how easy is it to get housing ? Also does it include electicity and water bill in the rent ? I really appreciate all the help La fea and patata, you are doing to us.
Congrats! Welcome to the group.:D
I think the Parnassus/ Avenue houses are around the walking distance of school. Getting the house can be competitive I am told. To be sure as to what utilities are included, you'll have to call the housing coordinator.

Thank you La Fea........

congrats and welcome to UCSF Nil
utilities are included guys and moreover the avenue houses are furnished so don bother for furniture also. Lemme know if any further questions

congrats and welcome to UCSF Nil
utilities are included guys and moreover the avenue houses are furnished so don bother for furniture also. Lemme know if any further questions
Including internet? :)
Yay!! :D

Thank you so much patata.....

no no internet at avenue housing. Mostly all the students in the house share internet charges so comes like 2 or 3 bucks a month or if u r lucky enough to get a room just next to school u get university wireless for free.

no no internet at avenue housing. Mostly all the students in the house share internet charges so comes like 2 or 3 bucks a month or if u r lucky enough to get a room just next to school u get university wireless for free.
Thank you.

I tried calling the UCSF housing and asked them about my application which I did long back. They asked me to call again by April end.
Do I need to be on there tail or just a call is ok ? Please can anyone tell me about this...........

its ok just call them by April end
@ La fea - ur welcome

Thank you patata.......