Any insight into UTHSC:SA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jg121

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I currently am an undergrad at UTSA and I'm curious as to what your general thoughts of the UTHSC:SA med school are like. Although I will go wherever I get accepted, I don't particularly care for the Houston/Galveston area. Ever since I moved to San Antonio, I have really enjoyed living there and I'm hoping to spend my med school days there as well. Any opinions are welcome!

jg

Members don't see this ad.

I really enjoyed my interview day there. Students were the friendliest of any school I visited. They work hard but still have time to chill out. Research opportunities aren't as great as some of the other schools, if you're into research. Clinicals seem much stronger though, and students seem to learn patient care more independently than at other institutions. Housing around the campus is closeby and cheap, which is a big plus for me.

Thanks a lot. THis kind of insight is helping me form myh opinions early. Any other UTSA pre-med undergrads out there?