any international students who know well about this?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

adorablegod

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm currently an undergrad at UT austin who got accepted into A&M. I'm an international student, and I was just wondering if anyone knew after I graduate from pharmacy school if it'd be hard for me to start working since right now i don't have a working permit and will need a company to sponsor H-visa for me to apply for permanent residency. although my family has been applying for it on our own through our lawyer, i'm turning 21 soon and will have to switch over to F visa. If that's the case, then I will need to find a company that's willing to sponsor H-visa for me after I graduate from pharmacy school. although the current shortage of pharmacists make me think that I can find comapnies willing to do that for me, i just wanted to double check on it, see if anyone has gone through this. so any international students out there who know more about this?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I'm an international student too, applying to pharmacy school starting this summer. I heard that walgreens do sponsor H-1 Visas to international students who graduate from pharmacy school. Also I've read that a lot of companies are willing to sponsor international students who graduate from pharmacy school. It is not really that hard to get a green card after you've graduated as a pharmacist. The government do set aside a certain number of H-1B visas to international students who have "special abilities" in terms of what field they are in and being a health professional do qualify you to apply for the green card in that category. For more information go to http://www.uscis.gov/propub/ProPubVAP.jsp?dockey=b7d03c34c351f9142171d76227749238

Thank you guys, I start my pharms school this August...And I know some international students already got accept for H-1 Visa...CVS have the program too...

Members don't see this ad :)
How long do you have to work under H-1 visa after graduation before you eventually get the green card(PR) as a foreign pharm student?

Thank you guys, I start my pharms school this August...And I know some international students already got accept for H-1 Visa...CVS have the program too...

How could that be? Are they part-time student or full time?Do they have to work during their education in pharmacy school? How long can they get the green card when they hold the H-1 visa?

Hi, I'm an international student too, applying to pharmacy school starting this summer. I heard that walgreens do sponsor H-1 Visas to international students who graduate from pharmacy school. Also I've read that a lot of companies are willing to sponsor international students who graduate from pharmacy school. It is not really that hard to get a green card after you've graduated as a pharmacist. The government do set aside a certain number of H-1B visas to international students who have "special abilities" in terms of what field they are in and being a health professional do qualify you to apply for the green card in that category. For more information go to http://www.uscis.gov/propub/ProPubVAP.jsp?dockey=b7d03c34c351f9142171d76227749238

I have read the linkage you provided above, but I did not find anything about "the government do set aside a certain number of H-1B visas to international students who have "special abilities" in terms of what field they are in ". So could you directly show us where it is? Thanks