Any Ireland grads in residencies or rotations?

Discussion in 'Clinical Rotations' started by jimjones, Nov 17, 2001.

1. jimjones

jimjones Senior Member

If so how competetive were you do you think? Whats this about residency directors going to Ireland to recruit? Thanks.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. hernia

hernia New Member

WELL I WAS IN IRELAND THIS YEAR (I WORK THERE )I SPENT A DAY CALLIN EVERY ONE FROM TRINITY DIRECTOR TO ST JAMES HOSPITAL TO NO AVAIL NO BODY EVER HEARD OF PPL COMIN IN IRELAND FOR PICKING RESIDENTS ..IFU KNOW ANY ONE WHO KNOWS PLS LET US KNOW ...THX

4. e2k

e2k Member

Residency directors going to Ireland to recruit? That sounds pretty unlikely. Most residency directors won't even cross the street to recruit. They wait for applicants to come to them, either in rotations or for interviews.

I've heard the Irish schools offer a pretty good education, and get decent residencies.

I'm at Sackler, and they seem to hold the same position that we do as far as residency directors are concerned: somewhat below an American school, but way above anything below the border.

ERIC

5. Stephen Ewen

The Cleveland Clinic has recruited at RCSI.

6. Devdas

Devdas Senior Member

A recruiting agency named TRUESDALE ASSOCIATES had organised interviews to recruit residents from United Kingdom and Ireland two years ago.They charge some $250(not sure) as registration fee and collect information from the prospective candidates and sent the info to some program directors linked to their agency.

Those PDs visit UK/IRE to recruit some good (only good) candidates without entering into match.Usually Anesthesia and IM residency spots are hooked in these interviews.I have been to one of these interviews at JURY's HOTEL,DUBLIN.

Only 10% of the registered candidates get into Residency programs each year.I am not sure whether this TRUSEDALE ASSOCIATES still recruit candidates from Ireland.

7. jimjones

jimjones Senior Member

So no one knows of a link that has a residency list for Irish grads? Does anyone know if Irish schools are slightly less hard becuase its over 5 year?

--------------------------------------------------
    SDN forums "CHUMMY AWARD" runner up 2001