any jan 16th RUSH interviewees out there?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

buggati

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey

just wanted to know if anyone from sdn is interviewing tomorrow...kinda nervous. Rush is my first interview and I really love it. any advice from current med students, current applicants?

Members don't see this ad.

Im interviewing tomorrow as well- looking forward to it but nervous as well.

I interviewed at Rush in November and the day was pretty relaxed. What really helped me get over my nervousness was to make friends with the other people interviewing. Then, you get the sense that you are all "in it together". Also, one of my interviewers was a pretty intimidating surgeon. I think the key to handling people like that is to just stay confident on the outside even if you are FREAKING OUT on the inside.

However, I have not received an answer yet so I don't know how credible my advice is. Whatever you do, try to stay positive and warm (tomorrow will be really cold).

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey I interviewed there in early november, and it was really a laid back day...from the beginning, the admissions people that spoke with us were very fun and enthusiastic...both interviews were very conversational...and the students were fun and great resources as well...like the other poster said, talking with other applicants can definitely help calm your nerves some...I must say, from the interviews I've been at, the group of applicants at Rush the day I interviewed were definitely some of the best I've been with at any school...if you have any specific questions let me know (I've since been accepted too!!) Good luck to you guys...I'm sure you'll love it and do great!

the interviews went good but the anticipation is killing me. Of the interviews one was neither positive nor negative but the second interviewer said "i really want you to come here" could this mean an acceptance...or am i in false hopes? also how long does it usually take to hear back from them?

the interviews went good but the anticipation is killing me. Of the interviews one was neither positive nor negative but the second interviewer said "i really want you to come here" could this mean an acceptance...or am i in false hopes? also how long does it usually take to hear back from them?

While I didn't interview at Rush, I can say that the interviewer saying that they want to you come to Rush is definitely a good sign, but keep in mind that any one person (especially an interviewer) does not make the decision to accept an applicant. Generally an admissions committee made up of several (if not many) members will review the reviews given to you by your two interviewers, as well as review your application materials again. Then they make a decision. So while one interviewer giving you a :thumbup: is a great sign, it's not definitive. Regardless, you probably did great - good luck! :luck:

still nothing from rush...5 weeks in waiting post int :(

I interviewed at Rush on January 16. Have you heard back from them yet? I just did, and I'm having a hard time deciding between Rush and U of I. The big difference in tuition is killing me, and I'm not sure what to do.

Keep us updated if you hear back from them soon!

Good luck!

lucky u, i interviewed the same day and still no response :(
i liked rush when i was there and i like u of i, i applied to their md/phd program. cost is definitely a significant factor, especially if you decide to go to champaign, rockford, or peoria, b/c the cost of living is so much lower. having said that rush is also great for what you are paying and I love chicago. while i wont interview at uic, i heard from people who were considering both schools that they are really alike and the only thing that differs is tuition and learning style. Tuition at Rush is high but they offer a smaller class size. UIC tution is great but its a bigger school. however my interviewer told me that every medical school is big (i mean think about it every school is going to have about 100-200 students) it all depends on what you like (big schools vs small school) and where you will be happier...good luck in deciding!