Any Jewish Premeds Out There

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

laffertydaniel

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
anybody?

Members don't see this ad.

People ask, "How do we know when we've had too many of these threads?"

Now we know.

Sorry, I'm afraid there are no Jews in medicine. Especially internal.

Members don't see this ad :)
theres a thread for blacks and muslims, why not da jews.

can anyone guess the movie reference to my name? winner gets a free admission to the medical school of your choice.

Lafferty Daniel and .......Gilmore Happy----->Best movie of all time.....and I choose Hopkins by the way.

<------------- orthodox, woah mama

Members don't see this ad :)
I am jewish and a premed

Jews? in medicine?!

yo.

finally! Muslim premeds....black female premeds....CA resident premeds...
count me in too

I am not Jewish. But I have spent alot of time reading the Old Testament, especially, Exodus, and the major Prophets. Utmost respect.

Shalom chaverim :p

I am not Jewish. But I have spent alot of time reading the Old Testament, especially, Exodus, and the major Prophets. Utmost respect.

so ur not jewish, but you wish you could be, right?

No way, my prom date went there:laugh:...You know anyone from Dreyfoos?

I did back in HS, its been almost 4 years though so i cant say i still do.

South Florida is NYC jews + cubans

Both reasons why I can't wait to go back...oy vey

Shabbot Shalom Mother&#$@!%:D

oy vey here comes the meshugas.

so ur not jewish, but you wish you could be, right?

I would have been very happy to have been born Jewish. But I don't view it as a conversion, you are either jewish or you are not, and I was not born a jew. But I have total respect and admiration for the jews. What a history.

I would have been very happy to have been born Jewish. But I don't view it as a conversion, you are either jewish or you are not, and I was not born a jew. But I have total respect and admiration for the jews. What a history.

The stories are good, but i have to admit.....after taking about a dozen sciences classes, my faith has had a conflict of interest. But after getting into medical school i realized that there is in fact a G-d after all.

well jewish history is apart of your history too if your christian or muslim. The early history of christianity and islam are simply branches from judaism.

That's more true of the origins of Christianity than Islam. Christianity is directly descended from Judaism, while Islam, despite being a fellow monotheistic "Abrahamic" religion, is not really a branch of Judaism. For example, Mohamed and his original disciples weren't Jewish, unlike Jesus and the original Christians.

On the other hand, Judaism may share more theological similarities with Islam than it does with Christianity.

That's more true of the origins of Christianity than Islam. Christianity is directly descended from Judaism, while Islam, despite being a fellow monotheistic "Abrahamic" religion, is not really a branch of Judaism. For example, Mohamed and his original disciples weren't Jewish, unlike Jesus and the original Christians.

On the other hand, Judaism may share more theological similarities with Islam than it does with Christianity.

Your entirely right, thats why i erased what i wrote.

The stories are good, but i have to admit.....after taking about a dozen sciences classes, my faith has had a conflict of interest. But after getting into medical school i realized that there is in fact a G-d after all.

:)

What kind of conflict of interest?

by the way, i think searun was referring to more recent jewish history (past 2000 years), not necessarily biblical history.

:)

What kind of conflict of interest?

well, especially after taking physics i questioned the whole G-d created the earth in 7 days thing, and other various physically improbable events that were recorded in the old testament. But if anyone can defy the laws of physics it would be G-d, so i guess it could have happened.

well, especially after taking physics i questioned the whole G-d created the earth in 7 days thing, and other various physically improbable events that were recorded in the old testament. But if anyone can defy the laws of physics it would be G-d, so i guess it could have happened.

So you went into university understanding those biblical passages literally?

well, can someone give me a scientific explanation for the ten plagues? or noah's flood? or the burning bush? or the parting of the dead sea?

954.... but I love shopping in 561... <3 Town Center Mall<3

So you went into university understanding those biblical passages literally?

well your taught this stuff in hebrew school since age 7, so i guess i wanted to believe it.

well, can someone give me a scientific explanation for the ten plagues? or noah's flood? or the burning bush? or the parting of the dead sea?

Well, some people have theories (about Exodus and the santorini volcano, etc), but one could also say that miracles are not amenable to scientific explanation, by definition.

Regarding primeval events such as the Flood, and the Creation story, it's questionable whether they are meant to be understood literally. I'd recommend The Challenge of Creation, by Natan Slifkin. Also, I haven't read his books myself, and he isn't a Jewish author, but I understand that Francis Collins, leader of the Human Genome Project, has some interesting ideas on this topic.