Any job recruiters here ?10 yrs clinical in patient experience....and can't land a job.

UGAZ

SDN Gold Donor
Gold Donor
2+ Year Member
Jan 13, 2015
The situation is in Southern California. Just wondering if any recruiters here to help me land a job in the hospitals? I have 10 yr clinical experience in hospital. I am still young...just 34.

gwarm01

10+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2009
Status
Pharmacist
How long have you been out of work? What were the circumstances that lead to you leaving your previous position? I'm just trying to get a clearer picture so we could potentially give resume tips or something.

Its Z

Retired
7+ Year Member
May 15, 2010
Status
Pharmacist
The situation is in Southern California. Just wondering if any recruiters here to help me land a job in the hospitals? I have 10 yr clinical experience in hospital. I am still young...just 34.
Where was your 10 years of clinical experience gained? Why are you no longer with the organization? When you say clinical, were you a clipboard clinical or hybrid staff/clinical?

I'm not a recruiter. I can do better than that since I actually do the hiring. Recruiters don't work for you. They work for themselves. They have 100's of resumes and their goal is to place 1.

Reactions: PharmD500 and njac
OP
U

UGAZ

SDN Gold Donor
Gold Donor
2+ Year Member
Jan 13, 2015
Where was your 10 years of clinical experience gained? Why are you no longer with the organization? When you say clinical, were you a clipboard clinical or hybrid staff/clinical?

I'm not a recruiter. I can do better than that since I actually do the hiring. Recruiters don't work for you. They work for themselves. They have 100's of resumes and their goal is to place 1.
I am a hybrid pharmacist. I can do both staffing and clinical services. My main expecriences are with inpatient, acute care hospital, Although my first job was at a big teaching hospital in Los Angeles.
No, I am still employed but I would like to change my job due to several reasons. One of which is I cannot see myself advancing further at my current position. Plus the company I work at now.... is getting very ridiculous about things, particularly with money budgeting, instead of patient care.
Honestly I don't think I would find another job using this SDN Forum. But it's fun to try...

Monsterdaddy

RPh, PharmD, MBA
10+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2009
Arizona
Status
Pharmacist
I would like to change my job due to several reasons. One of which is I cannot see myself advancing further at my current position. Plus the company I work at now.... is getting very ridiculous about things, particularly with money budgeting, instead of patient care.
Is that what you told potential employers? Because all those issues are happening pretty much everywhere and to a hiring manager they are probably are thinking "if that's bothering you there then you won't like our place either."

To find another job, I suggest shaking down your network (if you have one) or start networking (if you don't).

OP
U

UGAZ

SDN Gold Donor
Gold Donor
2+ Year Member
Jan 13, 2015
Is that what you told potential employers? Because all those issues are happening pretty much everywhere and to a hiring manager they are probably are thinking "if that's bothering you there then you won't like our place either."

To find another job, I suggest shaking down your network (if you have one) or start networking (if you don't).
Well there are a lot of things that I can't tell on this. Of course I won't be naive to talk about things so negatively.

It's just time for another niche...

bacillus1

10+ Year Member
May 27, 2008
Status
Pharmacist
A hospital in York, PA keeps e-mailing me that they really need clinical pharmacists and will pay really well, so maybe get a PA license and move?

rph3664

7+ Year Member
Jul 5, 2010
Status
Pharmacist
A hospital in York, PA keeps e-mailing me that they really need clinical pharmacists and will pay really well, so maybe get a PA license and move?
If a facility is constantly hiring, nowadays there's a reason, and it's because nobody wants to work there.

As for the OP, if he sees the writing on the wall, it's best to move on when the time is right.

bacillus1

10+ Year Member
May 27, 2008
Status
Pharmacist
Yeah, especially in PA. Isn't PA the most pharmacist glutted area of the country outside of NYC?
Eh...York is pretty suburban. Closest city is Baltimore and is an hour away, and no one is exactly excited to go to Baltimore to do fun things. Nearest city that people actually want to travel to is Philly, and is over 2 hrs away.

Reactions: BidingMyTime

kwakster928

A Legal Drug Dealer
10+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2004
temple.facebook.com
Status
Pharmacist
I am a hybrid pharmacist. I can do both staffing and clinical services. My main expecriences are with inpatient, acute care hospital, Although my first job was at a big teaching hospital in Los Angeles.
No, I am still employed but I would like to change my job due to several reasons. One of which is I cannot see myself advancing further at my current position. Plus the company I work at now.... is getting very ridiculous about things, particularly with money budgeting, instead of patient care.
Honestly I don't think I would find another job using this SDN Forum. But it's fun to try...
I feel your pain. Keep trying. I am puzzled why you are having hard time finding at least a lateral position given your experience. Unless you are specifically applying for a more clinical or managerial job that get you out of staffing. If that's the case, unless you can showcase that on your past experiences, without additional letters after your name, it will be challenging. Job markets are tough out there. Trust me. I was in the same boat.

kwakster928

A Legal Drug Dealer
10+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2004
temple.facebook.com
Status
Pharmacist
Ditto on recruiters. Work your professional network to find some leads.

BelowTheMean

10+ Year Member
Nov 12, 2005
San Diego
Status
Pharmacy is just a sad situation. My DO friends with 3 years experience seems to be advancing to better jobs constantly in socal while someone with 10 yr clinical in pharmacy has a hard time finding just ONE. Just keep trying man and hopefully something will work out.

confettiflyer

Did you just say something?
10+ Year Member
Dec 19, 2004
Best Coast
Status
Pharmacist
Pharmacy is just a sad situation. My DO friends with 3 years experience seems to be advancing to better jobs constantly in socal while someone with 10 yr clinical in pharmacy has a hard time finding just ONE. Just keep trying man and hopefully something will work out.
Did you really just compare a physician getting a job to a pharmacist getting a job?

I mean, yah...rent some office space and open a cash only clinic, hello employment.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

BelowTheMean

10+ Year Member
Nov 12, 2005
San Diego
Status
Did you really just compare a physician getting a job to a pharmacist getting a job?

I mean, yah...rent some office space and open a cash only clinic, hello employment.
Yes I did. My point was any other health profession you get to pretty much have numerous opportunities (including self employment) and that pharmacy profession is just in a sad state. All the physicians I know are working for some hospital, coporation, etc and are constantly recruited by other places.

Reactions: PharmD500

BidingMyTime

Lost Shaker Of Salt
10+ Year Member
Oct 2, 2006
Illinois
Status
Pharmacist
Yes I did. My point was any other health profession you get to pretty much have numerous opportunities (including self employment) and that pharmacy profession is just in a sad state. All the physicians I know are working for some hospital, coporation, etc and are constantly recruited by other places.
Ummmm, that is because it costs a lot more time and money to become a physician, than it does to become a pharmacist. Same reason why pharmacists have more job opportunities than pharmacy technicians-it costs a lot more time and money to become a pharmacist, than it does to become a pharmacy technician.

kwakster928

A Legal Drug Dealer
10+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2004
temple.facebook.com
Status
Pharmacist
It may take time, employers will find those who are talented. If you are truly talented, the job will come.

mentos

7+ Year Member
Nov 22, 2009
Status
Ummmm, that is because it costs a lot more time and money to become a physician, than it does to become a pharmacist. Same reason why pharmacists have more job opportunities than pharmacy technicians-it costs a lot more time and money to become a pharmacist, than it does to become a pharmacy technician.
Not sure where you live but every pharmacy in my state is looking for techs all the time. They never need any pharmacists though.

MatCauthon

10+ Year Member
Sep 15, 2008
Status
Just got to keep pressing forward. Some hospitals don't like to hire too much experience because it costs too much

Reactions: rph3664

BidingMyTime

Lost Shaker Of Salt
10+ Year Member
Oct 2, 2006
Illinois
Status
Pharmacist
Not sure where you live but every pharmacy in my state is looking for techs all the time. They never need any pharmacists though.
That's just in retail, because the starting wages are often so low, techs can get better paid jobs as non-techs. Hospitals pay technicians more, so the competition is more stiff.

zelman

7+ Year Member
Nov 27, 2009
Status
Pharmacist
What does being 34 have to do with anything? Just curious.
Some jobs have max age limits. One federal prison gig I was looking at made sure you could put in enough years to retire before you were too old to workin that setting.

Dred Pirate

5+ Year Member
Jan 18, 2014
Status
Pharmacist
I disagree with this - I have 12 years experience and have applied to 7 jobs in the past year - 3 offers, 2 possible offers (just had interviews) and 2 rejections (in a different state)