Any June NAPLEX takers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aswresm

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please post your experience.

Members don't see this ad.

I took the exam on 6/7 and I have still not heard back yet from WI. After the exam, I felt like I may have failed. I wish I knew how the questions were weighted. It makes anxious and distracting to study for the MPJE without knowing my NAPLEX...any new WI pharmacists know the timeframe once they completed the NAPLEX?

Took it 6/10 after studying about a month (broken up by a vacation) and STRESSING. walked out feeling like I knew a lot but also less confident on a lot. Spent the next several days remembering questions and realizing I got them wrong (lol), but found out my score on 6/14 and had passed with a three digit score.

I built up a lot of anxiety I think because the pass rate for Naplex is so high, but you always wonder "what if" you'd be the person in that small percentage. if anyone does the thing that I did where you keep thinking of questions you know you got wrong, just remember that you're more likely to remember questions you were unsure of than the ones you knew immediately. And also, who knows, they could've been ones that don't count.

Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 1 user
I took it yesterday. Definitely know calculations inside and out as that comprised roughly 30 questions of my exam. It also primarily hits on the major disease states you cover in therapeutics (ID, Diabetes, Heart failure, Oncology, etc.). Most questions were just general concepts about the pharmacologic treatment you use in those disease states rather than needing to recall a specific, useless, piece of information about a single drug.

Members don't see this ad :)
I took it yesterday. Definitely know calculations inside and out as that comprised roughly 30 questions of my exam. It also primarily hits on the major disease states you cover in therapeutics (ID, Diabetes, Heart failure, Oncology, etc.). Most questions were just general concepts about the pharmacologic treatment you use in those disease states rather than needing to recall a specific, useless, piece of information about a single drug.

good to hear - i take my exam soon, about two weeks. Im also from west virginia and taking the law here as well, have you taken that yet? If so how was it and if not how have you been studying for it, any tips?

good to hear - i take my exam soon, about two weeks. Im also from west virginia and taking the law here as well, have you taken that yet? If so how was it and if not how have you been studying for it, any tips?

Yeah, I took the WV MPJE about a week prior to the NAPLEX. In my eyes, the MPJE was a lot more difficult than the NAPLEX. While I still passed it, I came out of the MPJE feeling utterly defeated. The questions were trickier and most were "K-type" or "Select all that apply." I had studied my Law Class lecture notes for about 2-3 weeks beforehand, which I supplemented with two online Federal Law review books available to students from my school, and still had questions on topics I'd never seen. Even so, I'd still highly recommend using at least two different sources to study as one might cover something the other doesn't, which was the case with my lecture notes and review books. Other than that, take it easy the day before, go in with confidence, and don't doubt your knowledge.

Good luck!

So I can give my review my experiences. Background wise, I did well in school so decent background knowledge of info as a foundation. I studied the RXPrep 2017 book over the course of a month to a month and a half, hitting the chapters at least once and doing the quizzes online and getting ~75-85% on most of them on the first go around. I took my NAPLEX on Monday June 12, and received my scores online Thursday June 15. I scored in the 120-130 range, which is much higher than I expect based off of "gut" feelings from the exam, but then again I'm not used to aiming for a 50% on a test

Walking in to the exam I had my weak spots, and hoped that I would only get a small handful of questions on Hepatitis, HIV, and Oncology. That however was certainly not the case. Say for example on the NAPLEX you have 10 different patient cases that were 3+ questions long (just an easy number to use here) I felt like I had 7-8 cases that had oncology issues and one with Hepatitis. Compounding was definitely a heavy part of the exam as well. Calculations were...calculations. Not necessarily difficult by any means, but you review them in entirety. I took so long on my exam because I had to re-teach myself RR/RRR/ARR/NTT on certain questions because I was uncertain if I was using the correct equation. Probably one of the most difficult (longest) calculation questions --> Creatinine Clearance only because I wasn't sure on when to do AdjBW vs IBW vs TBW so I had to reason to myself which one I was supposed to use.

I probably had less than 25 questions on HF, DM, HTN combined. Easily less than 10 on COPD/Asthma combined.
***Do NOT use my experiences as a reason to focus on what my exam consisted of. Others have gotten tests that were flipped, where they only had a handful of Oncology.***

As far as the exam went, I liked that the questions were grouped together by the case, unlike RXPrep where you answer a question about "Person A" then a question about "Person B" then back to "Person A." I was able to fully focus on an individual patient while answering questions about them. As many have discussed on here already, it is imperative that you read the entire patient chart/info given to you for the question.

I'd say another key thing is that the score you have to get is a 75/150, which (yes I understand is a weighted score) is still a 50%. (For recent graduates) If your prior 3/4 years have meant anything, you should have a decent foundation of knowledge to pull from.

Took it 6/10 after studying about a month (broken up by a vacation) and STRESSING. walked out feeling like I knew a lot but also less confident on a lot. Spent the next several days remembering questions and realizing I got them wrong (lol), but found out my score on 6/14 and had passed with a three digit score.

I built up a lot of anxiety I think because the pass rate for Naplex is so high, but you always wonder "what if" you'd be the person in that small percentage. if anyone does the thing that I did where you keep thinking of questions you know you got wrong, just remember that you're more likely to remember questions you were unsure of than the ones you knew immediately. And also, who knows, they could've been ones that don't count.

Good luck to everyone!
what state are you licensing in?

So how did you guys study? Like how many chapters would you cover per week? Did you take notes? Was reading and taking the RxPrep online questions a more efficient use of time? Do I need to watch those RxPrep videos?

So how did you guys study? Like how many chapters would you cover per week? Did you take notes? Was reading and taking the RxPrep online questions a more efficient use of time? Do I need to watch those RxPrep videos?

Honestly I just mapped out on my planner for a solid month once I got my ATT. I put "big" topics over two days (like ID, calculations, cards, psych) and fill int he rest with other things. I didn't have a set number of chapters to get through each week, I just tried not to overload it to an unrealistic degree, but also tried to leave some flexibility (when I didn't quite cram ID in those two days lol). I didn't read every word of that book, by any means. some chapters I skipped completely.

Specifically, I read, made 1-2 page outlines when I had time, and then made quizlets from my outlines (more so to repeat typing them, I didn't really use any of the quizlets). I don't think I'd buy the videos, personally, but if you're someone who reviews best from videos they're probably helpful. But from my understanding they're meant to hit the big points of chapters, so there's a lot they don't cover (but they probably focus on the most important parts).

The questions online are good, I would try to do them the next day as a sort of refresher on what I'd done the day before. I suggest keeping track of your scores to see areas you need improvement in (and how you're improving with subsequent quizzes).

Hello Guys,
I am selling the following books:
RxPrep's California Law Summary for CPJE
Weissman Book
Sigler's Prescription Drug Cards: Study Cards with Binder
Please contact me for the interested. Good luck!

Hello Guys,
I am selling the following books:
RxPrep's California Law Summary for CPJE
Weissman Book
Sigler's Prescription Drug Cards: Study Cards with Binder
Please contact me for the interested. Good luck!

I took the NAPLEX on 6/23 and found out I passed today (6/27). I studied from March/April through last week (lightly at first, as I was still on rotations when I began studying). I utilized the RxPrep book, the online RxPrep test bank, and the SDN calculations. I made my own outlines and drug charts and flash cards PRN while I was reading. I took the pre-NAPLEX twice - once when I finished reading the RxPrep book, and once at the beginning of the week of my exam, after hitting certain topics hard. I got passing scores both times but with vastly different scores each time. I thought the pre-NAPLEX was more helpful than RxPrep for seeing the types of questions that would be asked, but RxPrep was definitely better for preparing me for certain topics. I liked having the test bank because many of the chapters in the book don't have questions at the end of them. I would do an hour or two of calculations or biostats every day for the last two weeks of my studying. I and several of my peers felt uncomfortable with many of the questions we were asked, but so far, we've all passed. I personally had a lot of anxiety after the exam. I felt OK-ish before, during, and immediately after the exam, but anxiety got the best of me while I was waiting for my score and reflecting upon questions I realized I had missed or guessed incorrectly.

Last edited: