Any lead on PA schools? which one is easiest to get into

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DRZIVAR

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all I am going a different directions and want to apply to Physician Assistant programs. Anyone know of the programs that are easiest to get into for an FMG like me who has been out for quite sometime. I applied last year but my application was rejected to the schools. Any feedback and help is extremely appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello all I am going a different directions and want to apply to Physician Assistant programs. Anyone know of the programs that are easiest to get into for an FMG like me who has been out for quite sometime. I applied last year but my application was rejected to the schools. Any feedback and help is extremely appreciated.

None of them are easy to get into.

Members don't see this ad :)
PA School is Competitive.

I only got into 3 out of the 5 programs I applied to and I had a 3.8 Overall/Science, 1180 GRE and just over 1,000 Patient Care hours.

University of New Mexico requires a 2.5 GPA. I don't know what their GRE requirement (if any) is like, but 2.5 seems pretty unimpressive to me. FWIW. Good luck.

University of New Mexico requires a 2.5 GPA. I don't know what their GRE requirement (if any) is like, but 2.5 seems pretty unimpressive to me. FWIW. Good luck.

The important stat is the gpa of accepted applicants which is probably significantly higher.
the avg last yr was 3.5 nationally.

Good point. I don't know anything about the program other than that factoid, shard with me by a PA who went to Duke University, moved to NM and has been very vocal about sharing her low opinion of UNM and it's graduates. Hence, my "FWIW" at the end, lol. I am sure it is less competitive (and a darn site less expensive) than Duke though, ;-). The OP may want to check into it.

My notes from application 2 years ago (couldn't tell you stats today)

UNM ave GPA was 3.5
Preference to NM residents
Start date June
26 month program
6 months of direct patient care experience

Mission - rural medicine