Any letters due to Med-MAR??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

E'01

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys - I was wondering if any other URM's have received information from med schools. I got stuff from podiatric schools and Wash U and that was it.

Members don't see this ad.

Nope, nothing yet over here

Dr.Perez

I woulda thought MED-MAR would have been more helpful, but nothing.

Members don't see this ad :)
Only got two letters, Washington U and University of Illinois. I'm still not going to apply to Washington U, I have little to no research and everything about them seems to revolve around really high stats and research.

I just want to stay in California, but even state schools like Kansas, where you wouldn't think Mexican Americans even live have more Mexicans enrolled than some of the UCs, including UC Irvine and UC San Diego. There's years where these two UC schools combined don't have more than three URMs in the entire entering class. To me that's almost disgusting, especially because they're located in areas with very large URM populations.

I recieved a letter from UPitt on Monday. Yesterday, I spoke with the head of minority affairs and the conversation was very informative. I designated the school last night.
My knowledge of Med-MAR is not extensive, therefore I was somewhat skeptical when I read the letter. Sometimes schools will send you generic recruitment letters when you realistically have no chance of getting in. UPitt made it clear that this was not the case.

For those of you who have not received anything related to Med-MAR, don't fret yet. If you just took the August MCAT, schools will be receiving the Med-MAR list sometime in November (after the scores come out). So don't worry...things'll happen...

I just thought it was weird that it took so long (I took the april mcat). Well darmouth's viewbook came in the mail today. Thanks for the input guys.

I took the april MCAT's last year, and I didn't get much of anything until September as I recall.

Good Luck!