Quantcast

Any Loma Linda decisions yet?

Start Med School in 2023! Free Accepted Webinar!
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Adapt

2K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know when the ADCOM at Loma Linda meets? I interviewed there almost a month ago and am waiting anxiously. I have a feeling they met this past Friday but am not sure. Has anyone heard from them post-interview yet?

TTSD

Sexually Deprived
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
You foolish mortal.. they are waiting upon divine guidance before making their decision!

:D

j/p.. best of luck to you slickness. Why don't you go down there to chapel next Saturday ;-)

Adapt

2K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by TTSD
You foolish mortal.. they are waiting upon divine guidance before making their decision!

j/p.. best of luck to you slickness. Why don't you go down there to chapel next Saturday ;-)
:laugh: Did you apply to LLU? I'm not sure where their chapel services are at. Do you go?

TTSD

Sexually Deprived
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Slickness
:laugh: Did you apply to LLU? I'm not sure where their chapel services are at. Do you go?

Yes, I've not heard anything back which is probably a bad sign. But thanks to the August MCAT, I got their secondary in a few minutes before the office closed. :-D

Adapt

2K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
BUMP.

I guess no one from SDN is waiting on a LLU post-interview decision? :(

Spitting Camel

Anteater for Life!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
BUMP.

I guess no one from SDN is waiting on a LLU post-interview decision? :(

Hey, I'm with you, slick... BUT, I just interviewed on the 10th, so I'm thinking a month more for me. That's not too bad, right? I hop[e you get good news soon. LLU was awesome!

Adapt

2K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by AlreadyInDebt
Hey, I'm with you, slick... BUT, I just interviewed on the 10th, so I'm thinking a month more for me. That's not too bad, right? I hop[e you get good news soon. LLU was awesome!
Hey AID. I heard they meet once a month, and one of the other interviewees told me they would meet on Feb 20 which was last Friday. I wouldn't be surprised if they went over all the applications from my interview day and your interview day.

Also, from reading other LLU threads on SDN, they call those who are accepted. I hate this because if I don't get a call, it's either because they haven't had their meeting yet or I wasn't accepted. :confused:

Spitting Camel

Anteater for Life!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey AID. I heard they meet once a month, and one of the other interviewees told me they would meet on Feb 20 which was last Friday. I wouldn't be surprised if they went over all the applications from my interview day and your interview day.

Also, from reading other LLU threads on SDN, they call those who are accepted. I hate this because if I don't get a call, it's either because they haven't had their meeting yet or I wasn't accepted. :confused:

GREAT! Now that I know that, I'm going to be nervous too! :laugh: If all goes well, we'll be hearing sometime in the next two weeks? SCARY! Hang in there because you are not alone! Thanks for the info.

Adapt

2K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If all goes well, we'll be hearing sometime in the next two weeks?
Well hopefully within the next week.

S

svalenzuela02p

I have a feeling that they have not met yet. I went to see one of my interviewers on friday and they were having a b-day party for him! I believe he is on the admissions board, but I could be wrong. One of us should just call and ask! I am thinking this week they sould have a meeting.

Adapt

2K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by svalenzuela02p
I have a feeling that they have not met yet. I went to see one of my interviewers on friday and they were having a b-day party for him! I believe he is on the admissions board, but I could be wrong. One of us should just call and ask! I am thinking this week they sould have a meeting.
Oh ok thanks for the info. Hopefully this week then...

Spitting Camel

Anteater for Life!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So who's going to call and let me know what you find out, ok! hehe..:D

Adapt

2K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Svalenzuela, I think you should call since you seem to know the people at LLU better. Aren't you doing your masters there? Just walk by the office and ask. Yea, and then let me and AID know what happened. :) :thumbup:

S

svalenzuela02p

I called and they would not leak any info!!!!!!!!!!!! All they would say is that my application is still in consideration. No info about when they meet. =(

Adapt

2K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I called and they would not leak any info!!!!!!!!!!!! All they would say is that my application is still in consideration. No info about when they meet. =(
Really? Thanks for trying though. :)

Spitting Camel

Anteater for Life!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok: Today was the SDA sabbath. I'm thinking if they did meet, we will be hearing from them this next week. Let's keep each other up to date with any info. Good Luck, guys!!

S

svalenzuela02p

correction it was everyone's Sabbath, for all those who read and believe the 10 commandments to be true.

Spitting Camel

Anteater for Life!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
correction it was everyone's Sabbath, for those all who read and believe the 10 commandments to be true.

OMG, all I meant was they would not call today and might tomorrow. You should know better than to indirectly insult me. SDA's preach tolerance - try it.

edit: I should also mention that I have valued your willingness to find out info for those of us REALLY interested in going to LLU. I still do, but I look at you differently now.

clumpymold

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
^^^ Okay, I'm confused. Why are you so upset? He didn't really say anything offensive, did he?

Anyway, what's the story on the acceptance/denial? I'm interested now. :p

klooless

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
OMG, all I meant was they would not call today and might tomorrow. You should know better than to indirectly insult me. SDA's preach tolerance - try it.

edit: I should also mention that I have valued your willingness to find out info for those of us REALLY interested in going to LLU. I still do, but I look at you differently now.

Already in Debt,
Firstly, I do wish you the best of luck with Loma Linda.

Secondly, svalenzuela can obviously speak for her/himself, but I honestly hope in life you don't let a single statement someone makes transform your entire image of that person. In all fairness, everyone has their questionable moments.

And specifically about the Sabbath, it is possible to be put off when one understands that the Lord hallowed the Sabbath for eternity, yet it seems like too many are quick to ignore it. I have personally found myself frustrated with this at times, which is why I can understand how a statement like "the SDA Sabbath" could have been irritaing, though it likely was devoid of spiteful intent.

Again, I want to say gluck as concerns medical school in general.

Spitting Camel

Anteater for Life!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by clumpymold
^^^ Okay, I'm confused. Why are you so upset? He didn't really say anything offensive, did he?

I read and believe in the same 10 commandments. Sunday is my sabbath. Saturday is the SDA sabbath. Big whoop. His/her comment was rude, disrespectful, and condescending to all non-SDA's. No one at the school was like that - why is he/she?

Anyways, let's keep this about the aplication process, not religion, which I have NO problem with.

alexPDX

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I read and believe in the same 10 commandments. Sunday is my sabbath. Saturday is the SDA sabbath. Big whoop. His/her comment was rude, disrespectful, and condescending to all non-SDA's. No one at the school was like that - why is he/she?

Anyways, let's keep this about the aplication process, not religion, which I have NO problem with.

If you get offended by that much, I have to wonder how you will handle LLU every day for four years.

alexPDX

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I get offended by judgemental people. LLU is the least like that.

I really hope I don?t sound contentious about this. I just know that people make remarks without realizing that they are offensive. I attended an Adventist college and at the time it didn?t bother me, since at the time I didn't have any strong non-SDA opinions and beliefs. Yet now when I visit some of the comments really make me cringe. Only the thought that I am leaving at the end of the day helps me keep my mouth shut. Anyway, maybe you will have a different experience.

Spitting Camel

Anteater for Life!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by alexPDX
I really hope I don?t sound contentious about this. I just know that people make remarks without realizing that they are offensive. I attended an Adventist college and at the time it didn?t bother me, since at the time I didn't have any strong non-SDA opinions and beliefs. Yet now when I visit some of the comments really make me cringe. Only the thought that I am leaving at the end of the day helps me keep my mouth shut. Anyway, maybe you will have a different experience.

Thanks for your experiences. I loved LLU when I was there and I can definitely see myself there for 4 years. I have tons of SDA friends and as a result I am mostly aware of many of the things they believe in. Any SDA who is not tolerant of other religions is not a true SDA.

clumpymold

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your experiences. I loved LLU when I was there and I can definitely see myself there for 4 years. I have tons of SDA friends and as a result I am mostly aware of many of the things they believe in. Any SDA who is not tolerant of other religions is not a true SDA.

What's SDA?

:(

Adapt

2K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What's SDA?

:(
Hey clumpy. :)

SDA stands for seventh day adventist which is a division of Christianity. Loma Linda is run by seventh day adventists and as such accept mostly SDAs but also a good amount of other Christians.

Since you are from Socal, you may want to look at Loma Linda also.

Anyways, I see that a little argument was started. Come on guys we're all Christians here, can't we all just get along. ;)

I hope they met on Friday though. I can't stand the waiting. Maybe we'll hear tomorrow, Monday or the next day. Who knows...

On a side note, dupp who is a SDNer and who was accepted at LLU in december received the call on a Wednesday which means maybe they don't meet Fridays. :confused:

clumpymold

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey clumpy. :)

SDA stands for seventh day adventist which is a division of Christianity. Loma Linda is run by seventh day adventists and as such accept mostly SDAs but also a good amount of other Christians.

Since you are from Socal, you may want to look at Loma Linda also.

Anyways, I see that a little argument was started. Come on guys we're all Christians here, can't we all just get along. ;)

I see.

We're all Christians? I actually thought otherwise. Most biology majors I know of are NOT religious at all. It sorta doesn't make sense. Contradicts itself. But then again, everyone has their reasons for belief. I currently teach biology and, as a result, I don't feel I could actually be religious. Long story, but that's my belief.

Spitting Camel

Anteater for Life!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

We're all Christians?

Haha...I think Slickness meant him, valenz, and myself.

For the record: My friend, who is Muslim, was accepted to LLU.

CalBeE

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Actually Jewish's sabbath's on Saturday too, because they put much focus on the words from the first five books of the Old Testament, and Saturday's specifically mentioned on there as the Sabbath. And in fact, if you look at the Spanish word for Saturday, Sabbado, literally mean Sabbath, I think.

Nevertheless, SDA still is considered a Christian Denomination.

Adapt

2K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I see.

We're all Christians? I actually thought otherwise. Most biology majors I know of are NOT religious at all. It sorta doesn't make sense. Contradicts itself. But then again, everyone has their reasons for belief. I currently teach biology and, as a result, I don't feel I could actually be religious. Long story, but that's my belief.

Yes I meant sval, AID, and me. Of course non-Christians are cool also. :thumbup:

So since there appears to be only 3 of us waiting, does anyone think all of us were waitlisted or rejected since not one of us hasn't received a call yet. :confused:

S

svalenzuela02p

I was reading a book last week called "The ART of Listening". The guy in the book mentioned that he could not see why people would want to convey important info in letters or emails. Now i know why.....my comment should have had :hardy: or a sarcastic tone because all I meant is that Sabbath (saturday) is not just our day.... many other religions worship on that day also (seventh-day baptist, seventh-day church of God, Jewish religions....) .... no need to get offended or argue for a particular day....

did I mention that I am probably one of the more liberal people at LLU. And dear, I will step out of line at this point and say, if that comment offended you to the point of thinking of someone differently then you have no place in an environment wear you will be faced with these issues such as at LLU. First you are required to go to chapel and second religion is incorporated into the curriculum. the people there range from Muslim to super conservative SDA's that do at times make your head spin. And the attitude one must have is of love and acceptance. my friends come from all walks of life such as drug addicts, Catholics, atheists, rich or poor, and SDAs. I don't think of them any differently than I think of you or people at LLU.

Spitting Camel

Anteater for Life!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
And dear, I will step out of line at this point and say, if that comment offended you to the point of thinking of someone differently then you have no place in an environment wear you will be faced with these issues such as at LLU. First you are required to go to chapel and second religion is incorporated into the curriculum.

You're such a big person for writing this, dear. Thank you so much. I am aware of all that comes along with going to LLU. I am also aware that you have no right to tell me where I belong. Sounds like you're not as liberal as you say after all...

Adapt

2K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Peeps, let's try to focus on the topic at hand...Show me the acceptances!!! :D

Rippey

Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I interviewed at LLU (non-SDA) on 1/13 and have heard absolutely nothing from them.

Probably not a good sign :(

Adapt

2K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Rippey
I interviewed at LLU (non-SDA) on 1/13 and have heard absolutely nothing from them.

Probably not a good sign :(
Really? Wow they must be really backed up then. That means they're evaluating around 90 interviewees or something like that.

Spitting Camel

Anteater for Life!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Really? Wow they must be really backed up then. That means they're evaluating around 90 interviewees or something like that.

How could they evaluate that many people in one day? That is crazy! I almost feel bad for them... NOT!! Evaluate me, evaluate me!! :clap:

Adapt

2K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How could they evaluate that many people in one day? That is crazy! I almost feel bad for them... NOT!! Evaluate me, evaluate me!! :clap:
...and ME TOO. :D

Adapt

2K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Me first! I said it first! Me Me Me!! I has here first. He cut!
:laugh: Maybe both of us will have good news tomorrow then. :smuggrin:

Spitting Camel

Anteater for Life!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
:laugh: Maybe both of us will have good news tomorrow then. :smuggrin:

We better... still, I think it would be a pretty fast turn-around time for having interviwed on the 10th. It's been almost 3 weeks ONLY. That is quick! For you it's been longer, so I would expect you to hear first. Your cutting is out of your hands, so I'll let it go! ;)

Adapt

2K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
You're cutting is out of your hands, so I'll let it go! ;)
True. Although if they accept me that's one less spot open. Thanks for the cut. BUHAHAHAHAHA. :D JK

karatncelery

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I also received an acceptance call from LLU in December, in the middle of the week. So I'm not sure if the Adcom must meet on a particular date or not. If you're waiting on your letters, I would encourage you to keep up a correspondence with the Admissions office- I was able to meet with Dr. Thorn three times over the past couple years and I can definitely say that the increased contact helped in my acceptance; he's actually a very nice person who has a good memory of those who express interest in the school and those who do not.
Also, on a side note, I agree that true SDAs, as all true Christians, are those who are always humble and always loving, and exhibit the Fruits of the Spirit as found in the Bible. I apologize for all SDAs if we come across as being judgmental or elitist.

Spitting Camel

Anteater for Life!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by karatncelery
Hi, I also received an acceptance call from LLU in December, in the middle of the week. So I'm not sure if the Adcom must meet on a particular date or not. If you're waiting on your letters, I would encourage you to keep up a correspondence with the Admissions office- I was able to meet with Dr. Thorn three times over the past couple years and I can definitely say that the increased contact helped in my acceptance; he's actually a very nice person who has a good memory of those who express interest in the school and those who do not.
Also, on a side note, I agree that true SDAs, as all true Christians, are those who are always humble and always loving, and exhibit the Fruits of the Spirit as found in the Bible. I apologize for all SDAs if we come across as being judgmental or elitist.

Karatncelery,
I LOVE your screen name! It's awesome! I actually had given up hope on a bunch of CA school and as a result, I did not send them an update letter with my grades. I did really well, too. Should I call and ask LLU if it is too late to send it? It might be a good way to check up on the status of my app. What do you think? Your input is much appreciated.

Adapt

2K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by karatncelery
Thanks for the info. Hopefully we will find out this week then.

karatncelery

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, AlreadyInDebt,

Sorry about the late reply...I've been having problems logging onto StudentDoctor.
Well, now I know what "Bump" means!
I would definitely encourage you to contact the Admissions office, and send your additional information. It can only help you.
Best of luck!

Kara

P.S. Haha, thanks, I like my name, too- except I think I'll probably be needing to adopt yours very soon!

Adapt

2K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I guess no one has heard yet?!!!!!

This is about the worst I have felt in this application process. Before I didn't have to wait because I was busy interviewing so I didn't have time to think about whether I would get accepted or not.

Now, since I'm done interviewing, I have too much time to worry about whether or not I will get in. I keep thinking about my interviews and whether or not I should have said this or how I shouldn't have said that.

I feel like this right now. :scared:

Cheers to good news whether it be next week or next month. :smuggrin:

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.