Any Loma Linda decisions yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That is so disapointing man. Argh, and after so long too. I'm way bummed for you. At least you know for sure where you're going now. All things work for the good... But hey, we're graduating in less than 2 weeks, now that's something to be happy about!

-d.

Members don't see this ad.

Adapt said:
It's cool. Yea rooming together would have been nice. I'm not sure what they're looking for. I mean really my last fall quarter of senior year was a B, B+, and B. My 2nd quarter was a B+, C+, and B-. Yes they're kind of bad but my C+ was my only C ever and my grades before that were a 3.7.

I just think they were looking for a reason to reject me and when my grades came that was it. Or maybe they just don't like Catholics. I really don't know.

Oh man, I'm sorry dude. I'm sure it probably was because you were catholic or some bane thing like that.. they kept your application around for a long time I bet they really liked your package (not that one you pervert), but maybe they went, "whoa, catholic.. he probably smokes, drinks, has wanton sex without a condom and has a bunch of bastard children.. better not risk it."

TTSD said:
Oh man, I'm sorry dude. I'm sure it probably was because you were catholic or some bane thing like that.. they kept your application around for a long time I bet they really liked your package (not that one you pervert), but maybe they went, "whoa, catholic.. he probably smokes, drinks, has wanton sex without a condom and has a bunch of bastard children.. better not risk it."

Adapt is not a pro-Basketball player. I think your theory may be flawed. If you go on www.Adventist.org, you will see they have a section devoted to their feelings on Catholics. I am not saying it was the Catholic that did it, though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Spitting Camel said:
Adapt is not a pro-Basketball player. I think your theory may be flawed. If you go on www.Adventist.org, you will see they have a section devoted to their feelings on Catholics. I am not saying it was the Catholic that did it, though.

LOL. I was just joking. But knowing LLU, odds are it was probably some small thing Adapt maybe said or wrote that maybe had them question how well he would fit in at an SDA institute. Not that LLU and La Sierra don't have druggies and hedonists galore.. but the staff seem to take it seriously.

TTSD said:
LOL. I was just joking. But knowing LLU, odds are it was probably some small thing Adapt maybe said or wrote that maybe had them question how well he would fit in at an SDA institute. Not that LLU and La Sierra don't have druggies and hedonists galore.. but the staff seem to take it seriously.

Oh, I know you were joking, hence my baskeball crack... Who knows how adcoms work, right? In their acceptance letter, they said they expect performance equal to the level demonstrated on AMCAS. Maybe they did hold the grades against him because he didn't submit them after every quarter... I'm not saying it's fair... others have Cs. Just cause ADAPT got his later on in his career doesn't mean it's worse than any other C. I'm still pissed.

The rejection most definately was not just because of your religion Adapt---don't really try to figure it out......I was accepted by one really, really good UC, and turned down by a couple really so-so UCs before I settled at LLU---the ad comms have their own wacky ways. Pur your head up high and move along!

I'm in!

I spoke to Mrs. Edwards on the phone Wednesday and got my letter on Saturday. I've already sent in my confirmation and finished my financial aid (I'm glad that LLU uses such a streamlined process, SLU took me hours!). Now I need an apartment and my husband needs a job and we're set!