Any LSU students out there??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bigmgreen68

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently at UMB and am thinking of returning to LSU for my second year. I am looking for some input on what is up with the school. Any news from anyone?

Members don't see this ad.

The last I heard was that the wind had taken the school and they relocated it to some refugee tents but other than that it's a good school but I believe as a requirement you have to join KKK as of the date you are admitted.

Members don't see this ad :)
I started to not respond to this garbage, but actually the school is in Baton Rouge, specifically the LSU South Campus, and trust me, it is far from a tent. This is such an ignorant statement. One little kid after another posting on here. Such a shame.

I declined LSU initially and came here to Maryland because at the time of my interview the school had no idea what they were doing or where they were going. My two uncles who are LSU alumns even told me to go elsewhere at that time. Besides I was engaged at the time and she wanted to be here in Maryland (and lets just say ....engagement isn't a problem for me anymore). I desperately want to return to the south just wanted to see what the feeling was from students at LSU right now.

its looking like we are going to go back to new orleans this summer. however, i think that we might still use the clinic here in BR for a while. they are also thinking about making it another dental hygiene school. when i arrived here this fall, i was amazed with the facilities that LSU put together within a few months after the hurricane, i.e. brand new everything in the clinics. but anyway, if you want to know anything else just let me know.

can i ask you guys what the dean looks for at lsu? i got a 20 aa but a 16 on qr and pat. is he really gonna be hard about the 16's? my gpa is really high though....

What year are you in there at LSU? I am really just curious what the over all feel of the students is. Besides it being dental school and all, do you think your missing out on anything with the school relocated and all?

I am a first year. but from talking to some of the upperclassmen, it sounds like they have plenty of patients here in baton rouge, especially pedo (no fluoride in the water in BR). we are all in good spirits. i can't say if i am missing out on anything being here because i dont have anything to compare to. i can't see how i could be though, like every other school, our schedule is PACKED! it sounds like there are alot of people finally moving back to the new orleans area, so we are all just keeping our fingers crossed that the patient base will be there. i really dont think we will have anything to worry about, i am kinda excited about being in N.O. however, i dont really know how the transfer process works. i don't know if all the classes would match up. let's see, the basic science classes we take this year are gross anatomy/neuro, histo, micro/immuno/genetics, physiology, biochem and the first part of pathology. i would bet that most first years across the country take the same dental classes. i just dont know if they can add a seat to a class, maybe they can.

can i ask you guys what the dean looks for at lsu? i got a 20 aa but a 16 on qr and pat. is he really gonna be hard about the 16's? my gpa is really high though....

that's hard to say. i got in last year with a 20 but my lowest score was an 18. have you talked to dr. weir at all since you got your scores? he is usually very helpful and straight forward.

I also have a 20aa and a 16pa. I made a 4/10 on the chalk carving. I was interviewed in Nov. and got accepted.
The temporary campus really impressed me. Everything is brand new, it's spacious, they have a sim lab, patients records and x-rays are transfering onto computers. So it's definitely not your average tent.
I was sure that I wanted to go to school in Houston but after I saw LSU I'm not so sure anymore. Besides the facilities, I don't really know about the quality of education. Does anyone know where LSU stand compare to Houston?