Any luck with refinancing student loans?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rippedbx

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm curious what interest rate people have been able to refinance student loans. I'm about $400k federal loans with an average about 6.7%, I believe.

What % are you guys getting? What company/bank?

Members don't see this ad.

Not wise to refinance until Dec because of the pandemic assistance on gov student loans. Like I'm not being charged interest or have payments due. right now unlike my friend who recently refinanced with a private bank(before covid).

Not wise to refinance until Dec because of the pandemic assistance on gov student loans. Like I'm not being charged interest or have payments due. right now unlike my friend who recently refinanced with a private bank(before covid).

Yeah definitely. I'm not a fan of debt and paying them off steadily right now. I'm more looking at the future

Members don't see this ad :)
I refinanced earlier this year with Laurel Road, 10 years at 3.4%

I would avoid Laurel Road like the plague. They have the worst customer service I have ever seen. Thankfully Sofi matched their rates and much higher quality company.

not sure how much customer service matters. I'm on a 10-year repayment plan with them, with auto-pay enabled. Haven't needed to speak to anyone since I started
I would avoid Laurel Road like the plague. They have the worst customer service I have ever seen. Thankfully Sofi matched their rates and much higher quality company.