1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Any master degree for one semester?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by gegogi, Dec 17, 2008.

1. gegogi

gegogi New Member
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    It's a bit weird to be told like that. The thing is that I got a phone call from one dental school saying that they only accept applicants who have any degree in US or Canada. They asked me to find any master or second degree program to accomplish by this summer.

What the...? :p

I have B.S in another country and am taking some prereqs in US, but not pursuing any degree.

Do you know any program who give master or any degree in one semester incuding summer? I don't believe so, but there is no option for me to find anything if they want. :(

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Albuterol

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I'm pretty sure most masters take 1-2years. There are some 1year masters programs at umdnj, boston university, tufts, barry...etcs with hard science classes. You could also look into getting an MPH (many schools offer 1yr programs)

4. DrReo

DrReo "Thread Necromancer"
    10+ Year Member

Academic Administration
    We should compile a list of 1yr MPH programs :)

5. xtractime

5+ Year Member

Dentist
    a list is already complied.....check out the post-bacc forums on SDN for grad school and postbacc info.

6. DrReo

DrReo "Thread Necromancer"
    10+ Year Member

Academic Administration
    Thanks, I didn't see that! :D

7. Jake8

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Tulane has a one semester certificate program for students who were waitlisted from med school and if they pass the program then they get into Tulane med the following year, but other than that I have not heard of anything else but it may be out there if you look and ask hard enough.