Any MCAT book you would recommend?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Aerodynamic

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am a new member to the forum and just finished my second year as a pre-med student. I was wondering if any of the members would recommend me a book that I can study for MCAT. I checked on Chapters, the new edition of Kaplan 2009, and found out that it has all the sections. I don't know if it is advisable to buy one book that contains all the sections or to buy each section separately. Or is there any other book that is better in one section than the Kaplan ones?

I am looking forward to your responses.

Regards,

Members don't see this ad.

Biology: 1. EK Bio + EK 1001 Bio, non-detail oriented 1. BR/TPR Hyperlearning, detail oriented 3. Kaplan

Physics
: 1. BR 2. Nova 3. TPR Hyperlearning 4. Kaplan

Verbal: 1. EK Verbal + EK 101 Verbal 2. TPR Hyperlearning 3. BR 4. Kaplan (Avoid if possible)

Organic Chemistry: 1. BR, by far 2. TPR Hyperlearning 3. EK/Kaplan

General Chemistry: 1. BR, by far 2. TPR Hyperlearning 3. EK/Kaplan

Members don't see this ad :)
Biology: 1. EK Bio + EK 1001 Bio, non-detail oriented 1. BR/TPR Hyperlearning, detail oriented 3. Kaplan

Physics
: 1. BR 2. Nova 3. TPR Hyperlearning 4. Kaplan

Verbal: 1. EK Verbal + EK 101 Verbal 2. TPR Hyperlearning 3. BR 4. Kaplan (Avoid if possible)

Organic Chemistry: 1. BR, by far 2. TPR Hyperlearning 3. EK/Kaplan

General Chemistry: 1. BR, by far 2. TPR Hyperlearning 3. EK/Kaplan

SN2ed, I think you should make an additional section called "additional practice" and start putting EK 1001 books and TPR hyperlearning science workbook. Just my opinion, it would probably save another thread from popping up from the same person after they finish content review. At the very least it would give them everything they would learn in one post.

Totally up to you though because you're the one that goes through the threads posting the list.

-LIS

SN2ed, I think you should make an additional section called "additional practice" and start putting EK 1001 books and TPR hyperlearning science workbook. Just my opinion, it would probably save another thread from popping up from the same person after they finish content review. At the very least it would give them everything they would learn in one post.

Totally up to you though because you're the one that goes through the threads posting the list.

-LIS

:thumbup:

What is TPR hyperlearning science workbook used for ? is it like the Ek1001 for bio like to identify weaknesses?