SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

any med students from chicago

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by jue, Nov 9, 2001.

1. jue

jue Junior Member 7+ Year Member

Dec 23, 2001
    hi i'm planning to visit chicago very soon and would apprecite it if you could answer the following questions for me
    1.what does rent for a one bedroom apt cost(all i need is a price range, nothing specific)
    2. how much do you spend on food everyday(just put down how much you spend a day, all i need is a price range)

thanks a lot
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. mcarey4

mcarey4 New Member

Oct 4, 2001
    It really depends on where you are looking in Chicago, or which school you are attending. You could probably get a studio for $500, 1 BR range from $600-$1200 depending on area. Food depends on you too. Eating out costs a lot more, but groceries are the same here as anywhere else. Sorry not to be more helpful, you could email me details and maybe I could give you more info.
  4. hansy

hansy Junior Member

Nov 10, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    I currently live in a "fun" part of Chicago for 20-somethings, and rent for a 1 bedroom ranges from $700-1100, depending on the exact location and the quality of the apartment you select. You can find 1 bedrooms for less than that, but those are generally in more remote parts of the city. You can find studios from $600 on up in my neighborhood. For food, a standard entree at a corner diner costs around $10, but if you buy groceries and such, it'll be much cheaper, of course.