any med students from chicago

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jue

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi i'm planning to visit chicago very soon and would apprecite it if you could answer the following questions for me
1.what does rent for a one bedroom apt cost(all i need is a price range, nothing specific)
2. how much do you spend on food everyday(just put down how much you spend a day, all i need is a price range)

thanks a lot

Members don't see this ad.

It really depends on where you are looking in Chicago, or which school you are attending. You could probably get a studio for $500, 1 BR range from $600-$1200 depending on area. Food depends on you too. Eating out costs a lot more, but groceries are the same here as anywhere else. Sorry not to be more helpful, you could email me details and maybe I could give you more info.

I currently live in a "fun" part of Chicago for 20-somethings, and rent for a 1 bedroom ranges from $700-1100, depending on the exact location and the quality of the apartment you select. You can find 1 bedrooms for less than that, but those are generally in more remote parts of the city. You can find studios from $600 on up in my neighborhood. For food, a standard entree at a corner diner costs around $10, but if you buy groceries and such, it'll be much cheaper, of course.