Any medical students doing research right now that are COMPLETELY bored?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

uncgrad2002

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just started, I know things will pick up but in the mean time I have nothing to do. My hours are kind of up in the air, and the office that I am in is directly next to my mentor's office, and he occasionally pops in here.

Anybody have any good ideas to pass the time? Any good new apps, computer games, etc?

Members don't see this ad.

I just started, I know things will pick up but in the mean time I have nothing to do. My hours are kind of up in the air, and the office that I am in is directly next to my mentor's office, and he occasionally pops in here.

Anybody have any good ideas to pass the time? Any good new apps, computer games, etc?

I spent a good portion of a summer of research on reddit.com

That's not a suggestion, it's a warning. :laugh:

Diablo 3

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm scared of purchasing the game...

You know you want to...

D3.gif

Even when things pick up, it still mind-numbingly boring. Just tough it out, build up the cv, and you well get to match at a top notch academic institution for residency ( where you will be strong armed into spending every free minute doing research). Don't worry, it'll be done when you are 32.

The only problem is that my computer screen is almost in full view right when you walk in the door, and I share this office with 4 other people. I need to rethink my strategy here.

The only problem is that my computer screen is almost in full view right when you walk in the door, and I share this office with 4 other people. I need to rethink my strategy here.
Privacy filter.

Last edited:
it wont necessarily pick up. try studying.

Even when things pick up, it still mind-numbingly boring. Just tough it out, build up the cv, and you well get to match at a top notch academic institution for residency ( where you will be strong armed into spending every free minute doing research). Don't worry, it'll be done when you are 32.

How to you build your cv if the research is not going anywhere? Luckily my prof publishes frequently but some don't.. :sleep: