Any Medical students want to mentor a recent

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
B

BlackPuma

graduate from undergrad :D

I'm looking for couple of med students who have been through the first, second or all of med school...so I can keep in touch, and ask questions

preferably through aol... :D

thanks,

here is my aol

[email protected]

thanks

by the way, any of u have tips for the first year of med school!? thanks....

Members don't see this ad.

You should find your "mentor" at whatever school you choose to attend. Some schools have a big sib/little sib program that hooks first years up with second years. You should try to maintain that relationship throughout your first year because your big sib will have a lot of useful info about first year (what books not to buy, what to focus on while studying, etc). If your school doesn' thave a big sib program, or if you get a crappy big sib, then you can always make friends with any second year. You don't have to hang out with any one second year in particular, but second years and med students in general are a helpful bunch and would likely be more then willing to answer your questions/concerns about your curriculum. The other mentor you should have is a faculty mentor. You can get one of these even if your school does not have a mentoring program simply by meeting with faculty and asking if anyone would be willing to be your mentor (ie meet with you every now and then, go over any concerns you have, tell you more about their specialty, let you shadow them every now and then).

Members don't see this ad :)
•••quote:•••Originally posted by WatchaMaCallit:
•thanks so much for ur advice :)

will u be my mentor? :cool: •••••:rolleyes:

As your mentor, I think that you should read people's advice more carefully. :wink:

•••quote:•••Originally posted by Mr. Burns:
• •••quote:•••Originally posted by WatchaMaCallit:
•thanks so much for ur advice
will u be my mentor?

•••••:rolleyes:

As your mentor, I think that you should read people's advice more carefully. :wink: •••••ok thanks a lot...so it looks like u wanna be my mentor....do u have an aol id? :p

:rolleyes: :wink: