DivaDDS

10+ Year Member
Oct 13, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
I am a first year dental student and was interested in applying for the scholarships.

I wanted to get a female dentist perspective.

1. how long are your deployments?
2. are any of you married/have kids and what is your experience with that?
3. are there specific body requirements for army/navy/airforce?

thanks!

N

NAVY DDS 2010

I am a first year dental student and was interested in applying for the scholarships.

thanks!
I am not sure if there are female military dentists lurking in here, but other than the childbirth issues, your 3 questions are EXACTLY the same for males and females.

1. Deployments - vary depending on military branch and unit attached to. it doesn't matter if you are male or female. Everyone gets deployed.
2. with the exception of the differences in a woman's emotional perspectives, family experiences will be the same for males and females other than when you are pregnant and recovering from childbirth.
3. Yes, there are specific body requirements for everyone. If you PM me with yours, I will tell you where you fall. PM so they aren't made public.

krmower

10+ Year Member
Jul 23, 2008
Status
Dentist

thanks!
1. deployments for 90% Army is 6 months - other 10% is 12 months.
2. I will PM you some email address and you can ask some female dentists directly.
3. Here is the Army height/weight charts for females - http://usmilitary.about.com/od/army/l/blweightfemale.htm