Any minorities planning on Podiatry?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Free2B

overworked, underpaid
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,Im an AA pre-podiatry (or allo, still not decided) I just wanted to get some idea of the minorities on this forum so any Blacks, Latinos, Multiracial, Asians, Native Americans, South Asians...etc represent yourself:)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,Im an AA pre-podiatry (or allo, still not decided) I just wanted to get some idea of the minorities on this forum so any Blacks, Latinos, Multiracial, Asians, Native Americans, South Asians...etc represent yourself:)

I'm a black male and I'm tentatively starting at Scholl next year. I did not see many black students at Scholl when I interviewed. I think I counted 3 altogether. But they had plenty of fine Indian women....:D

I'm a black female. I'm a pre-medical student. I think I want to go into podiatry, or if not, dentistry.

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m a black male and I'm tentatively starting at Scholl next year. I did not see many black students at Scholl when I interviewed. I think I counted 3 altogether. But they had plenty of fine Indian women....:D

DUDE, there were like 9 black ppl (But 2 were from directly from Africa) in my class. I still keep in contact with a few friends via AIM and they ended up in great programs, mostly their first choice.

The valevictorian(sp) ended up in Washington Hospital (affiliated with Georgetown) and another friend ended up in Palo Alto -DVA (obviously affiliated with Stanford), so you'll have a great time in Scholl.

I'm a sexy Banana.

I am a black male starting podiatry

one of the mentors and DPM's at DMU is AA. seemed like an extremely smart and caring person. Would like to get him as my mentor if its something that can be done:thumbup:

one of the mentors and DPM's at DMU is AA. seemed like an extremely smart and caring person. Would like to get him as my mentor if its something that can be done:thumbup:

You know, there truly aren't many minorities in podiatry. Great that you found one!

I wonder how APMA staff #'s compares to the AMA with minorities.

Thank you for the link! Her article is really informative and inspirational:)

by the way, what's an "AA". African American? Asian American?

Members don't see this ad :)
i meant as in African American

I'm a black male going into podiatry. I'll be at AZpod or CSPM. I sent my deposit to CSPM and now I'm waiting on AZpod. Hopefully I'll get in there.

I'm a black male going into podiatry. I'll be at AZpod or CSPM. I sent my deposit to CSPM and now I'm waiting on AZpod. Hopefully I'll get in there.

hey, a fellow HU bison here!:) Good luck with AZ

Im a black female going to Barry next year.:thumbup:

Hi everyone,
Just wanted to let you know that I am an African American female at Des Moines University CPMS. It is a great field that needs more minority doctors. If you have any questions let me know, I’d be happy to reply.
FYI- DMU recently inagurated the first African American female president Dr. Angela Walker-Franklin. She is doing wonderful things for Des Moines University.
While the minority population is not thriving at DMU, a considerable effort to increase minority numbers is in strong effect. In addition DMU has a mission for inclusiveness and cultural competency as they recognize the importance for this in medicine.
By the way, I went to Hampton University, So I can also answer questions about the cultural changes if your interested. :0)

While I appreciate the thread and the post, I personally believe that questions like this further alienate everyone.

When I raised my kids, I attempted to teach them to not see color, race, religion, ethnicity, etc. There are many definitions of minority. Some can include your race, some your ethnic background, your skin color, your religion and so on. In MY opinion, the more we question how many African Americans, how many Asian, how many hispanic, how many Jews, how many Muslims, it is now making that an issue.

Although you may believe I'm not in your shoes and wouldn't understand, don't bet on that idea. I would enter school being as proud as possible with your heritage, but would recommend you simply see yourself as no different, just a medical, osteopathic, podiatric, dental, or optometric student.

I would find a post asking "how many caucasians" are going to school XYZ VERY offensive. Therefore, please be proud but don't make an issue of your race, color, religion, ethnicity or it has the POTENTIAL to cause more isolation and alienation.

Seriously what's the point of this whole thread? There are people of every ethnicity in almost every profession these days.

Hi everyone,
Just wanted to let you know that I am an African American female at Des Moines University CPMS. It is a great field that needs more minority doctors. If you have any questions let me know, I’d be happy to reply.
FYI- DMU recently inagurated the first African American female president Dr. Angela Walker-Franklin. She is doing wonderful things for Des Moines University.
While the minority population is not thriving at DMU, a considerable effort to increase minority numbers is in strong effect. In addition DMU has a mission for inclusiveness and cultural competency as they recognize the importance for this in medicine.
By the way, I went to Hampton University, So I can also answer questions about the cultural changes if your interested. :0)

Super cool bump of a 2007 thread. :rolleyes:

:lock:

What is the relevance of this thread? I dont see how this really is beneficial to anyone. I am not bashing Free2B for starting this but it shouldnt matter what race you are if you got in or are applying. Once things are all said and done this whole process is beyond skin color, it is about you academically and you as a person.

What is the relevance of this thread? I dont see how this really is beneficial to anyone. I am not bashing Free2B for starting this but it shouldnt matter what race you are if you got in or are applying. Once things are all said and done this whole process is beyond skin color, it is about you academically and you as a person.

:thumbup:

Young latino male here just applied about two weeks ago. hope to hear back from school soon. So I've seen many black males and females but no latinos