any more extracirricular activites?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

saimabean5

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey, i wanted to know what else is out there in terms of extra activities besides the usual volunteer at a hospital/research?

Members don't see this ad.

Of course you can do absolutely anything else.... fly a plane, play the piano, but if you're referring to medically related activities or helping others.... then may I suggest getting involved with social services, food banks, other outreach programs....

Just make sure you enjoy them.....

EMT

Go on a mission to a 3rd world country.

RESEARCH!!!

Something out of the ordinary, like being an opera singer. They dig that.

Members don't see this ad :)
artistic electron microscopy...obscure but cool!

get into the guiness book of world records! hehe. i'm curious, anyone here done that?

Get some friends to help you start an organisation at your school and get funded lots of money to paint yourself at every football and basketball game as your 'events' for the organisation.. hey, it worked for me!

I am huge fan of joing organisations, you meet like minded and interesting people to hang out with, plus you can add it as activities. Tutoring at local elem, middle or HS, or even entrylevel college courses.
Lots of stuff out there, just open your eyes!

I was a resident assistant in the dorms for one year. It was certianly a trying experience, but I learned so much about people that year that I consider it an invaluable part of my college experience. It also provided ample experiences to share in my personal statement, secondaries, and interviews about dealing with difficult situations in a compassionate manner, promoting appreciation of diversity, organization and leadership skills.