Any MOT schools still accepting for 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ActionJaxsun25

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a late decider to OT. I was waitlisted at a handful of DPT programs and wanted to see if it is too late to try for a 2012 DPT school. I can't believe I passed by OT previously. It seems like a great career with a lot of growth potential. As well as fulfillment knowing that you are making a difference in daily living.

Members don't see this ad.

You could set up a profile on OTCAS and check the program profiles for deadlines. However, I believe nearly all schools have completed their application cycle and their deadlines were some time ago. I imagine it would be near impossible to get new LOR's sent and complete everything that comes with these applications in time. Plus nearly all the schools require OT shadowing hours. So it is important to consider those factors, but you may have these things since you have been around the rehab field. Anyways, I do recall maybe two schools that accepted applications up until June for Fall start. One was University of Pittsburgh but they begin classes June 4th and students already had a registration deadline of April 20th.

Perhaps you could look at the handful of spring start schools. Those schools will begin to start accepting applications pretty soon I think.

Eastern MI is accepting apps for 2013 until Aug 1. All prereqs need to completed by then.

St. Augustine has a deadline of June 15 coming up.