any mountain bikers out there?

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OD2BMike

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well the OD forum is looking pretty slow this week and I'm bored this morning, so here's a new topic....

I'm wondering if any of you guys are doing any mountain biking while you're in school, or if not, what do you do? For me biking means a lot and I've tried do it actively since I've been in school, at least when I've had time. There's nothing like cruising on some single track, or exciting myself with some crazy downhill runs, or killing my lungs with an uphill climb. It's fun believe me. Kinda like golf is a great stress release and a way to be social for some people, mountain biking is that way for me.

If not biking or golf, what do you do for fun? Everyones gotta have an outlet, whats yours.
:D

Members don't see this ad.

Well, I have a mountain bike, but I don't ride it much any more. Not really any hills in Houston. :(

My outlet for stress is running. I keep my running gear in my car and when I get stressed out over classes I head to the track around the school and run run run!! Keeps my mind off school for a little while. You definitely need an outlet.

I also spend time with my dog for fun. We compete in a dog sport called flyball. So, I enjoy spending time with my team and having friends not involved in optometry. (although I love my optometry friends too) :D

I love to ride, I do mostly city riding. Do you know any good places around Chicago to go riding? If you do take me.

Yeah riding in downtown Chi is a real rush. Make sure you wear your helmet. Theres nothing more exciting than blowing down the center lane on Michigan Avenue, dogdeing traffic. We used to ride from ICO up to the northside of town on the surface streets and just cruise around up there for the day, mostly people watching. Also, if you like riding on paved bike trails there is a great path on the lakeshore that runs all the way from the southside (near ICO) to up north in Evanston. The off-road mountain biking scene in "Chicagoland" leaves something to be desired. There are a few places, such as the forest preserves in La Grange, and some trails on the river. Have a blast :D