Any negatives for taking Physics 2 my senior year?

rc4ch

10+ Year Member
Oct 18, 2005
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I'm just curious if there is any negatives for taking Physics 2 my spring semester of my senior year other than not having it before the MCATs.

Thanks

speeter

OMS-1
10+ Year Member
Jul 20, 2007
West Michigan
gvsu.facebook.com
Status
Medical Student
There was lots of physics 2 on the MCAT I took. I would think you should have the prereqs done before senior year, unless you don't mind taking a year off.

LikeClockWork

10+ Year Member
Jul 23, 2007
KY
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
I took Physics II my senior spring and it wasn't a problem except that I held off on taking the MCAT until the summer after graduation. Physics II material is pretty hard, so I felt it was best to learn it in class rather than try to figure my way through it on my own for the MCAT.

Also, it makes your senior spring kinda suck a little.

CrouchingTiger

10+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2007
Status
I took Physics I and II in my last year in undergrad. I wouldn't recommend it. The only person you're hurting is yourself.

OP
rc4ch

rc4ch

10+ Year Member
Oct 18, 2005
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Thanks all for the reply.

But MCAT aside, would it hurt my chances of getting in to a school since I am planning on applying this June. Just curious if it would hurt me since I would be taking a pre-req during the spring prior to graduation.

Btw: Sorry, I did not add why I was asking this. I am scheduled to take Physics II for this summer. I just realized that I have so much room for credits to take my spring semester of my senior year. So I thought I would rather save $1700 by not taking the class this summer and just taking it in the spring. If its going to hurt my chances of acceptances, then I will def take it this summer, but if not, then save the cash and take it in spring. Thanks again SDN

CrouchingTiger

10+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2007
Status
In that case, I don't think its an issue as long as you finish it before you apply. That's what seems to be the consensus around here and with the medical schools: finish all your pre-reqs before you apply.

What bothers me is that you leave no room for error when you leave it for the last possible minute. Is it possible to take it in the fall? Your last semester is not the time you want to be worrying about pre-reqs, believe me.

OP
rc4ch

rc4ch

10+ Year Member
Oct 18, 2005
Status
Resident [Any Field]
So I get the overall message that I better take Physics 2 this summer then. Darn, I thought they didnt care when you take the pre-reqs but just before you graduate.