any new jhu interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mmz6

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
or are they done for this year?
anyone have any new info?

r they receptive to people calling to ask for updates?

thanks.

mmz6

Members don't see this ad.

I just called, they said that they would be sending out interview invites through the end of February....so I suppose that gives us who are still waiting a tiny bit of hope.

If you call during their call-in hours, they are really nice, so try it if you want to check on the status of your application. :)

-Ice

Wow, you must have gotten someone good, ice.

When I called the conversation went like this:

Hi, I'm calling to find out about the possibility of an interview invite.

<stern voice> When were you complete?

October, so it's been a few--- <cut off>

<stern voice> You've been rejected then.

LOL, not that I was expecting an interview, but at the same time, I wasn't just expecting an immediate no over the phone.

Then she softened up and actually looked me up in the database and confirmed what she had said.

Basically, she told me if you were complete aug-early oct, there's pretty much no chance for an interview at this stage.

I guess other people have heard differently, so maybe she was trying to make me feel better-- LOL!

Members don't see this ad :)
I called today and they told me over the phone that I will not be considered for an interview.

They also said that they do not send out final notifications until everyone has been reviewed and interviewed. A final letter won't be coming for awhile.

damn now i'm scared to call... haha

ice, when were you complete? things look good for u!

mmz6

March 12 is the last interview day, so there will probably be some more invitations going out over the next few weeks.

Hang in there,

doepug
MS IV, Johns Hopkins

Originally posted by mmz6
damn now i'm scared to call... haha

ice, when were you complete? things look good for u!

mmz6

jeez, I didn't know they were that blunt on the phone! I was complete mid december (the email, at least) and when I asked about my status, she said that the committee had not completed reviewing my application...

I just thought it was another ho-hum answer, but I suppose I should be happy that I wasn't flat out told I was rejected...

-Ice

Yeah, dsblaha, that is what exactly happened to me. I really think they are just considering november / december files at this point, for the rest of the feb invites.

anyway good luck to whoever is still waiting.

Originally posted by Lux Aeterna
Wow, you must have gotten someone good, ice.

When I called the conversation went like this:

Hi, I'm calling to find out about the possibility of an interview invite.

<stern voice> When were you complete?

October, so it's been a few--- <cut off>

<stern voice> You've been rejected then.

LOL, not that I was expecting an interview, but at the same time, I wasn't just expecting an immediate no over the phone.

Ouch geez...that's harsh, that person needs some customer service skills! Sounds like a bad movie script!

would you all say the same is true for harvard, yale, and emory at this point? ie if i was complete a long time ago last fall i should take no interview invite as a rejection?

doesnt really matter, just curious, thx... i gave them my best shot, as we all did

Originally posted by dsp
would you all say the same is true for harvard, yale, and emory at this point? ie if i was complete a long time ago last fall i should take no interview invite as a rejection?

doesnt really matter, just curious, thx... i gave them my best shot, as we all did

Harvard has sent out their last invites earlier this week.

Emory, from years past, has interviewed into late Feb... according to some old threads. I'm not too sure about Emory's status cuz I didn't apply.

Yale is the last school that I am waiting on.... was complete in December, so don't know if they've finished all their reviews. I may try to give them a call tomorrow to see what's up.

Every time I hear a story about the admissions office I cringe ... everyone else at Hopkins is really nice, I promise.

My application was complete in August 2002 but I didn't get an interview invitation until late Jan and was accepted in March, so one never knows ... I have friends who interviewed in late Feb who also got in outright.

Anyway, hang in there and good luck.