Any new MD or DO programs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

richnathan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm just about to start rotations and I was wondering if anyone knew of/heard rumors about any new allopathic or osteopathic EM programs that will be started in the next couple years? Thanks for your time!

Members don't see this ad.

I've heard rumors that NYCOM is trying to open an osteopathic EM program at NUMC. However, it probably wont be for another 3 or so years.

I heard at VCOM's Open House that they are gearing up for an EM residency. Not sure of the timetable but it was mentioned and since EM is my endgoal I took note.

Members don't see this ad :)
I heard at VCOM's Open House that they are gearing up for an EM residency. Not sure of the timetable but it was mentioned and since EM is my endgoal I took note.

Where are they planning to do that? Virginia Tech (with which VCOM is affiliated) already has a residency at Carilion Roanoke.

Where are they planning to do that? Virginia Tech (with which VCOM is affiliated) already has a residency at Carilion Roanoke.

No clue. They didn't say nor did I think to ask.

Rumor has it that U of Tennessee is supposed to be starting a residency program in Memphis in the next 2-3 years. I know that's the ulitmate goal (they've started sending their Chattanooga folks to Memphis for a rotation to start the transition) but whether or not it happens in the next few years is still up in the air.